Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDIT

Literally had to leave right after I found this....the place is loaded with iron. I'm at my dads for the holidays and just started wondering the woods with no specific place in mind since there is 30 acres at my disposal!!...now I'm wondering if it could have been an old homestead or a camp for settlers. I'm currently in indiana.

Original post:

Still hunting, paused to post this...stumbled across alot of iron then got this at 15 on the nox....I've been on here enough that I think I recognize this as a tomback? ....I dont know ....

20181121_140241.jpg
20181121_140317.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16
Tombac is just a type of brass, but that's a nice flat button.

Nice finds.Congrats

That's a good sign that you may be in an old area!!

Have you tried looking at any historic maps to see if there was a homesite on the property at one time?

Try looking here: Historic Map Works, Residential Genealogy ?

If you find a map and it has the "Historic Earth" green button underneath, click it and it automatically overlays the map over current aerial imagery.

Nice find. Let’s hope that’s just the beginning of more good things to come from that area. Congrats

Spectacular Find!:headbang:

Nice button. And what has not been said is this is an 18th century button style. By the beginning of the 19th century, styles changed and tombacs as they are called went out of favor for brass buttons. By about 1800 most buttons then had backmarks and in 1835 the 3 piece military style button was invented.

Interesting find indeed!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Great find gotta be more and Happy Thanksgiving

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back