What's new

Think The Rain Will Hurt The Rhubarb?

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
6,797
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
It's rhubarb harvesting time in northern, Michigan.

Up here if ya don't grow rhubarb ya ain't no Yooper.

Anyone else a rhubarb lover?
 

Attachments

  • Rubarb.webp
    Rubarb.webp
    59 KB · Views: 308
I used to love it back in the 60's when my mother made it with tons of sugar.. I haven't had it in decades, but I think I would have to get used to the taste all over again. ;D
 
spartacus53 said:
I used to love it back in the 60's when my mother made it with tons of sugar.. I haven't had it in decades, but I think I would have to get used to the taste all over again. ;D

Well, no matter how you fix it it never tastes like chicken.

My wife makes an awesome freezer jam out of it and pretty good pies too.

Actually with sugar it tastes a lot like wild strawberries. It has a very deep rich strawberry flavor. In a few months we'll all be going after the tiny wild blue berries and big black berries that grow wild all over up here. Boy do they make great pies and pancakes!
 
Mom always did something with rhubarb? Pie, jam, lemme see if I got her old cookbook, brbr.






Awh man, I don't have the right cookbook, so sorry. That much rhubarb, I'd have a storage room full of jelly and jam, or something rhubarb. Rhubarb wine maybe? hehehehe
 
strawberry and rhubarb pie with whipped cream --a classic .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom