Thinking of trading 40% for monster box 500oz?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like your feed back I have about 3300 40% that i found crh in about 12 weeks i will have 4000 or more and can trade them for 500 oz monster box Thats 500 .9999 of silver one oz rounds american eagles. I will give up some silver to get it ??? Good deal??? What do you think? I find about 1000 40% every 16 or so weeks.So i will find more.??? If i do get it i would leave it sealed.

Upvote 0

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you suggesting that the Gov will Cull, or recall all the ASEs? And give you the face value for them?? Any articles to link? I am as crazy as the next 'stacker' but this makes my BS meter go full tilt. But, I would entertain the thought, as I know our government knows NO bounds for it's treachery.

Executive Order 6102 came without notice from a president not so unlike this one who was a fan of government as THE solution. Not going to get into if thats right or wrong here, thats for each to decide but what makes you think in these equally troubling times they would not lay claim to thier PMs. Yes its theres, if you think not try posting a youtube of you melting an ASE down and see where that gets you. Are they coming for them? Well this article seems to suggest they are still of the opinion its thiers. Here are other dates listed. And heres some more. I'm not saying it will but the likelihood is there. Its happened before, it can happen again. To suggest otherwise is beign niave to say the least.

I'm not saying dont buy Eagles, I have plenty but they aren't where anyone can find them and what silver I do keep on had is generic ingots. Be warned, keep to many eggs in one basket thier bound to get cracked.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Executive Order 6102 came without notice from a president not so unlike this one who was a fan of government as THE solution. Not going to get into if thats right or wrong here, thats for each to decide but what makes you think in these equally troubling times they would not lay claim to thier PMs. Yes its theres, if you think not try posting a youtube of you melting an ASE down and see where that gets you. Are they coming for them? Well this article seems to suggest they are still of the opinion its thiers. Here are other dates listed. And heres some more. I'm not saying it will but the likelihood is there. Its happened before, it can happen again. To suggest otherwise is beign niave to say the least.

I'm not saying dont buy Eagles, I have plenty but they aren't where anyone can find them and what silver I do keep on had is generic ingots. Be warned, keep to many eggs in one basket thier bound to get cracked.

I have to agree
There have been discussions in Washington DC about confiscating IRA and 401-K and giving the owners of those accounts a government annuity, doesn't that sound just great. I am not saying they would actually do it but the fact that it has even been discussed is enough to say do not rule anything out. The people in DC right now have little concern about private property rights look what they did to the bondholders of GM and Chrysler.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow..."Keep it secret, keep it safe"

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree
There have been discussions in Washington DC about confiscating IRA and 401-K and giving the owners of those accounts a government annuity, doesn't that sound just great. I am not saying they would actually do it but the fact that it has even been discussed is enough to say do not rule anything out. The people in DC right now have little concern about private property rights look what they did to the bondholders of GM and Chrysler.

Well put. Even if the government does half of what you'd expect they will thats quite a bit. With that said they may want to EO on 90% and 40% currency as well. Heck they may require you to go electronic on it all, outlawing any form of currency. No one knows. Point is spread it out. ASE offer nearly undeniable purity and premiums. 90% offers recognizable authentication. 40% offers small unit trading and stacking for the starter. .999 generics offer purity with low cost and no ties to any government. Foriegn coin offers ASE type premiums and authentication some (albiet smaller) risk of some call in.

With all that said Tim ASEs are a premium. Any LCS in the land will trade you ASEs for generics. I'd keep some, get some generics, some Pandas, some Engelhards, some 5 and 10 oz units for compactness. Then I'd dig a hole somewhere no ones will have access to metal detect on but not easily near you lot and put the ASEs underground, others in caches around the house so if you get hit, robbed, etc you'd not a total bust. Might sound paranoid but all it takes is one curious customer, teller, etc getting your address, phone number, licences plate, etc...

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thanks to one of you guys am selling 1000 40% for $4.95 per coin thats if silver is $34.48 per oz Tonymat coins and bullion Hes in pa i will have to drive over 3 hours its all good. Thanks to ac my cash went down a little bit this will get me back till i get it back. That will take about 12 weeks??? By then i will find 800 to 1000 more 40% or so.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trade them Tim!! Premiums arent going to mean a crap compared to where silver is headed...premiums are chickenfeed baby! Plus, Monster Box sounds a heck of alot cooler than 40%ers.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey TZ, upgrade some of that 40%, it doesn't do us any good to have hundreds face tied up in it after a while....and for the record ASE's are .999, if you want quadruple, go Maples :-)

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bars are less desireable, Easy. You don't know what they are composed of.

you cannot fake a Mint American eagle. You can try, but...it's not easy.

A bar on the other hand... SO EASY TO FAKE.
Coins are easy to fake also. There are plenty of bars with intricate designs also. At the end of the day I don't think it matters other than I would watch how much of a premium you pay. Silver is silver. I like bars. It looks more like bullion and it stacks and stores easier IMO

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are still less fungible than US coin, that's my only point.

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invest in Federal Reserve Notes,increase your bankroll and do more volume.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would be true if you could actually buy an ASE for 1.00 but you cant. you will pay 2 or 3.00 over silver spot for an ASE. A rough estimate is 16,500 purchase price for the monster box.

This can be looked at in a couple of ways. If the transaction goes down as a trade of x amount of 40% for the monster box then no profit has been realized and an exchange has been the transaction.

However if you first sell your 40% @ or around spot for cash in order to buy the monster box then a profit has been realized as the initial investment is .50 per coin face value. That is profit no matter how you cut it and a transaction that large will get extra attention with a paper trail included.

Do as you like and so will I but just sayin better to be on the side of right instead of walking in the red areas.

It isn't even a gray area. Purchasing Money with Money is not considered income. When you take all that pretty shiny stuff to the coin dealer do you think they are going to issue you a 1099
or something? There is an old saying - "Money For Money and your chicks for free".

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking about taking the 500 I have found and putting it into some either gold or platinum US bullion coins just to have something other than silver in my massing collection. You should consider it too. But by my estimations you are getting the better deal. If you have 3300 at $5 and their coins are 500 at $35 you are getting the better deal.

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey TZ, I would do it. With the amount of halves you find on a monthly basis, it would not take you that long to restock your 40% stack, and in the meantime, you would have the joy and pleasure of sitting on 500 rounds of .999 pure Ag--which is pure money baby! I too would keep your box sealed. As long as you are smart about who you work through (Provident is decent, etc.) then I don't think you have anything to worry about. Sounds like a great trade to me...especially now since the silver market has pushed up lately. Good luck :)

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins are easy to fake also. There are plenty of bars with intricate designs also. At the end of the day I don't think it matters other than I would watch how much of a premium you pay. Silver is silver. I like bars. It looks more like bullion and it stacks and stores easier IMO

+1. China is cranking out good ASE and Maple fakes made of zinc and lead alloys. This is almost unheard of with bars (some fakes in the 5 to 10oz bars). As said silver is silver, why pay extra for a form the government can lay claim to. At least with a generic you can have it melt into jewelry as a hierloom that the gov can't touch. You do that with ASEs you're looking at some jail time.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1. China is cranking out good ASE and Maple fakes made of zinc and lead alloys. This is almost unheard of with bars (some fakes in the 5 to 10oz bars). As said silver is silver, why pay extra for a form the government can lay claim to. At least with a generic you can have it melt into jewelry as a hierloom that the gov can't touch. You do that with ASEs you're looking at some jail time.

I see your point, but I still think coins are better (once again, my opinion). A simple flick test will reveal the composition of the coin, since even if they are plated it will be too thin to mimic a silver sound. A bar on the other hand can have a thick silver coating but contain a similar weight metal in the middle

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, if the government tried to take our precious metals, I have some advice: hide it and deny it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread