What's new

thinking this is a weight of some sort

heartsongs

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2014
Messages
49
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this by the St. Joseph River in Berrien Co. Mi. any thoughts? note the one side has a nice size groove in the center as well as an appearance of possibly rope marks on the sides. Any helpful information is appreciated.
 
Upvote 0
Hmm. The holes look conically drilled, is about all I can say cept I have no idea what it may be.

Welcome to the forum!
 
Thank you for the welcome. It's nice to be here
 
Welcome aboard.

If you look closely at the second picture especially you can see several circular indentations in the stone towards the top. You can see some on the front side as well. Those look like Crinoid Fossils and that is what caused the holes in our stone. The Crinoids in those two spots completely eroded away leaving the holes. I believe it's just a natural rock.
 
Welcome aboard. Not sure on the drilled holes I just don't find enough of that type of thing to know, rock
 
Good eye G.R.
 
the 2 holes are beveled inwards all the way through. However I do agree on the others. As well it doesn't explain the straight indentation in the middle nor the groves on the side giving the appearance of possibly ropes.
 
The grooves on the sides are just the edges of other holes
 
thank you
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom