Thirty One Years OF Detecting and I got One !! US Gold Coin

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
Thirty One years of Detecting over 300,000 holes dug and I finely dug my first Gold Coin. Found on 3-28-09. It is a 1878 US Five Dollar Gold coin found with my new E-Trac detector. It was like all other signals when digging old foundations, you get a good signal you dig it... But this one was different, NO junk, No shell casing, No Copper, No Lead but a wedge of soil with this gold edge sticking out the side. I could see the gold but in the past I have been fooled by heavy Gilt golden Buttons. I could see the reeding on the edge of the item. I knew now it was a gold coin. As I removed the dirt I was hoping it was a $10.00 gold coin, then I was hoping it was a 1700 gold coin, I then so carefully removed the dirt but I did not scrap the dirt off I picked it off not wanting to cause damage to the surface. I did manage to hit it slightly on the edge with a shovel but you can only tell when holding the coin in the light you can see the new scrapes. Wow 31 years , thousands of holes and when you least expect it .. A Gold 1878 $5.00 coin appears in a hole that should have been just another target ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, You never know... !!! Bucky

Attachments

• 0011 1064.jpg
    0011 1064.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 6,295
  • 0011 1063.jpg
    0011 1063.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 6,286
Upvote 4
Congats on the beautiful coin.

TommNJ

I hope you checked the hole and your plug again!! ;D A big CONGRATULATIONS! Hogge :thumbsup:

well ive been detecting for a yr and a 1/2 so only 30 change to go.
Huge congrats and a beauitul coin
keith

To The Treasure Net Community:

I wanted to say thank you to all who have commented on my Gold Coin find. Your comments made me laugh especially the ones about the years and holes that will need to be dug if you use me as a guide before you find one. Folks, I hope it takes you less time to find yours then it took to find mine. I am hoping come Saturday when I return to the foundation to continue my search, I'll find another one. Then, we can divide all the holes and years by 2 and the odds will be better for all of you. If you use two (2) gold coins in 31 years then for every 150,000 holes you can expect to find a gold coin. :) Wish Me Luck and Thanks, Bucky

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have my hopes up to one day find one. Good luck on the next one, if there was one at the location, there might be more.

HH

Congrats...you give the rest of us dud diggers hope! I am glad you finally hit the gold, as I am growing tired of the people who consistently find good things, haha! Great work!

:o What every one above already said. :o

All of that wishing & I would have wet myself just knowing it was gold, I would still be doing the happy dance. Great find & I hope tjat you do well when you go back.

I sure hope you find another one this weekend, cause I don't know if I'll still be here in thirty years! :D :wink:

What a stunning find, Bucky! Many congrats to ya!!!

congratulation_graphics_5.gif

Good luck!!! :icon_pirat: Nana

Attachments

• congratulation_graphics_5.gif
    congratulation_graphics_5.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 4,239
It looks like it has a little damage (not from you) to the nose of the bust - that makes it more or less worthless, so I'll take it off your hands for you if you want :)

Really nice find - diamond rings, gold coins and spanish silver are the 3 things I hope to find some day. They're all still on my list as of today!

Really nice job.

AWESOME!!!!! It is what we are all looking for! :thumbsup:

That is so much better than the melted aluminum blobs I found last night.

Drool, and congratulations on a banner find.

BEAUTIFULL!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad you finally got one. I guess I only have a few more years to go before I get one. Definitely banner material.
Way to go!!
Mike

WoW, Congratulations :thumbsup::icon_sunny: :thumbsup:. I hope mine comes that way too.

Thanks for sharing ;D.

HH

CONGRATS! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What a beauty of a coin.... (I want one).

HH Joe

PS: If you waited until today to post, April 1st, I think you might have some skeptics here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back