Thirty One Years OF Detecting and I got One !! US Gold Coin

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
Thirty One years of Detecting over 300,000 holes dug and I finely dug my first Gold Coin. Found on 3-28-09. It is a 1878 US Five Dollar Gold coin found with my new E-Trac detector. It was like all other signals when digging old foundations, you get a good signal you dig it... But this one was different, NO junk, No shell casing, No Copper, No Lead but a wedge of soil with this gold edge sticking out the side. I could see the gold but in the past I have been fooled by heavy Gilt golden Buttons. I could see the reeding on the edge of the item. I knew now it was a gold coin. As I removed the dirt I was hoping it was a $10.00 gold coin, then I was hoping it was a 1700 gold coin, I then so carefully removed the dirt but I did not scrap the dirt off I picked it off not wanting to cause damage to the surface. I did manage to hit it slightly on the edge with a shovel but you can only tell when holding the coin in the light you can see the new scrapes. Wow 31 years , thousands of holes and when you least expect it .. A Gold 1878 $5.00 coin appears in a hole that should have been just another target ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, You never know... !!! Bucky

Attachments

• 0011 1064.jpg
    0011 1064.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 6,295
  • 0011 1063.jpg
    0011 1063.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 6,286
Upvote 4
A poem.

The touch of gold brings a shiver to my spine.
When I think of it, it makes me feel divine.

Gold has been a beauty in the present and the past.
Way into the future it will still last.

Gold is the greatest of elements ever to exist.
The hopes of many who have dreamed and have wished.

You have found it my good man, and for that I salute you.
May we all be so lucky as to find it too!

hats off to you !

big congrats on an incredible find (nice story too)

vp

Heart pounding to be sure !!!!!

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

Anyone so dedicated to this hobby deserves to find a gold coin. Congratulations!!!!!!! :thumbsup: ;D

I am really excited for you and I only got 20 something more years left before I find mine

Nice find for sure!

HH

Lonewolfe

Hello, I have also been hunting 30 years or so and still no gold coins. I did, however find a 2008 NYG Super Bowl Ring last year in June. It had a worth of $25,000. Gave it back to the player who lost it. My best find so far. Received no reward, but enjoyed showing it to everybody. Your coin is awesome. Hope to find some gold soon. Many gold rings, but no gold coins. Good Luck, Keep Hunting, More Gold to Come !! Steviewhite-Fayetteville, WV

steviewhite said:
Hello, I have also been hunting 30 years or so and still no gold coins. I did, however find a 2008 NYG Super Bowl Ring last year in June. It had a worth of $25,000. Gave it back to the player who lost it. My best find so far. Received no reward, but enjoyed showing it to everybody. Your coin is awesome. Hope to find some gold soon. Many gold rings, but no gold coins. Good Luck, Keep Hunting, More Gold to Come !! Steviewhite-Fayetteville, WV

No reward for finding and returning a super bowl ring? Typical. What else would you expect from a jock?

You have given me inspiration, Been detecting since the early eighties and know where you are coming from!
"Absolutely Gorgeous"

I was in shock when I found my one and only Morgan dollar, but I can't imagine finding a gold coin. I would probably have a good little cry before doing the happy dance.

That is sweet!

Congratulations! You are living "our" dreams!

HH

That is truly something to be proud of for a long time to come. Great job! Thanks for posting It.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back