bci101tractors
Hero Member
I have been doing a lot of kayaking this summer on our river after the flood, artifacts are tough this time of year, been focusing on fossils and fun, have found some pretty nice fossils though...
Anyway, I feel this Northern Water Snake deserves some attention and respect.
I'm in NE Iowa, things grow pretty big here, with the fertile soil, it all trickles down the food chain. Take a look at our whitetails sometime.
I came across this beauty last weekend, I'd say 5 or 6 feet long?? Non-poisonous, but still pretty intimidating...lol. I'm guessing she would tip the scales around 20 lbs? Just a gorgeous and rare specimen that size. Very rare for them to get that big.
I love snakes, in case you havn't noticed!!
Sounds like I'll be digging again soon.
Later, take care and happy hunting,
BCI

Anyway, I feel this Northern Water Snake deserves some attention and respect.
I'm in NE Iowa, things grow pretty big here, with the fertile soil, it all trickles down the food chain. Take a look at our whitetails sometime.
I came across this beauty last weekend, I'd say 5 or 6 feet long?? Non-poisonous, but still pretty intimidating...lol. I'm guessing she would tip the scales around 20 lbs? Just a gorgeous and rare specimen that size. Very rare for them to get that big.
I love snakes, in case you havn't noticed!!
Sounds like I'll be digging again soon.
Later, take care and happy hunting,
BCI

Upvote
0


When I was much younger I was a lot braver in catching them, but as I got older I tend to give them a little more respect. I'm not scared of snakes, it's just that when I was younger I did catch and handle a lot of poisonous snakes (cobra's and vipers) without the fear they could really harm me.







