What's new

This is a Whats it I found some time back

Cajunme

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central, La
Detector(s) used
Fisher, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a What's it I found some time back

This is something i found some time back and have wondered what it could be. This must have been a pre treasure net find. I know it has to have something to do with the Navy. I found it at a site on the Miss river or a navigatible Bayou. It looks like an H on the left of the anchor and a M on the right. I think it is lead and a little bigger than a dime. British is also a possibility in this area. Thanks for the help. cajunme.
 

Attachments

  • anchor.webp
    anchor.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 421
Re: This is a What's it I found some time back

HS = His (or Her) Majesty (British Military)
 
Upvote 0
Re: This is a What's it I found some time back

We really need a picture of the back.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Re: This is a What's it I found some time back

I will try to get a shot of the back. it is rounded in order to hold the wire or rod and oblong. I sent an email to the link site given on cloth seals in Britian. Looks like something to press into the Ships Admiral shirt collar. Thanks for the help.
 
Upvote 0
Re: This is a What's it I found some time back

If it is a lead bale seal, it started life as two pieces held together with a strip. It was then folded over the item (cloth usually) and crimped. The process would push a part of one half through and then the lead would be embossed with something to represent the city of origin, the tax paid, or other things. So if you can see a piece that connects the top with the bottom and there seems to be something between the top and bottom, it's a seal.

Daryl
 

Attachments

  • seal2.webp
    seal2.webp
    1.4 KB · Views: 287
  • seal2.webp
    seal2.webp
    1.4 KB · Views: 312
Upvote 0
Re: This is a What's it I found some time back

Montana Jim said:
HS = His (or Her) Majesty (British Military)

Initially it crossed my mind. But never seen anything with just HM. Its always HM?, you can't just have 'Her Majesty' on its own, makes no sence.
 
Upvote 0
Re: This is a What's it I found some time back

It's a gps tracking device used to track down misfit Cajun people. I'm just kidding "Sha" see how many people know what "Sha" means..so, How are things in that neck of the "swamp"
 
Upvote 0
Re: This is a What's it I found some time back

I hope you know cajunme pretty good 4H,
he might not like being addressed as
sweetheart or cutie.......

Hay2
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom