What's new

THIS IS WHAT!

agatequeen

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
25
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Paradise California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this oh so perfect pestle/rock in a stream that runs into the ocean while I was in Bandon Oregon. It is around 6 1/2 inches long and has some glittery things going on. Now, keep in mind I live in California and there is not much happening in my neck of the woods. You know California. If I was a Native American as the work has already been done I would use it. :laughing7:
IMG_4336.webpIMG_4337.webpIMG_4353.webpIMG_4354.webpIMG_4355.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh i live in the chuncla central cal.
 
I agree, the ancients were smart enough to pick up stones that already resembled, or were shaped, to what they needed and they then modified them to fit their need. Unfortunately, yours has the shape, but was never altered by man to make it into an artifact. That is all natural erosion.
 
I see a lot of these rocks here in the creeks and rivers. It looks good but it is just natural.
 
Grimm nailed it. The ends would be a different color from the pecking and grinding motion. You are look for the right shapes, you just need to learn when a item has been used. Take the stone you found and rub on another stone like you would think it was used an you will see what wear sign looks like. Cool find :thumbsup:
 
Yep I kinda knew it was a Faker. Too good to be true that I would find one. :unhappysmiley: Thanks everyone for your response and positive words.
 
Yep I kinda knew it was a Faker. Too good to be true that I would find one. :unhappysmiley: Thanks everyone for your response and positive words.

Ive been looking for years and havent found a whole one yet in that shape
 
I have several pieces of Roller Pestles but have never found a whole one.
 
ya know, iffn you stuck that thing down a tube sock you could defend yourself from anyone
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom