What's new

This is why we are being shut out from FS and Blm, and state areas.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
1,238
Reaction score
526
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went out MDing today and this is what I found besides an old spoon.
This was not here last week when I went out.

This is close to (The LOST Trail system crosses from the Arizona Trail to the Town of Superior, crossing through the old Pinal town site. From the USFS "This Legends of Superior Trail connects the historic mining town of Superior with the Arizona Trail, 6 miles to the west.)

The pic is of my family as we are searching for the possible name and address of anything to find out who this stuff belongs to.
I did find 1 item and the people moved last year, but I can find out who cleaned the house out. And did this.

CAM00141.webp
 
To fill you in roadrunner your example is not the only reason.All so called public land is going to be stripped away from the citizens of this country to use.
 
Thats epidemic on any piece of land that has been around for a while with free access.
Nobody wants to pay to throw away their trash. They wait until the middle of the night and just dump their crap
whereever they can get away with not paying and not being seen.
They know someone else will clean it up sooner or later.
Lazy no go varmits! These are the kind of people that should be sentenced to 200 hrs of picing up trash on the sides of the highway as punishment for their crimes, and then fined on top of it.
I can no longer find an open lot to hunt where I live that is not fenced and it is directly related to this kind of BS going on.
 
Oh, you are right about that. But this pic is for everyone, not just us.
The general population wont be able to even get off the road anymore.
 
Picking up trash, and road kill.
 
That crap goes on every where. Even on private property I have caught low life's dumping their trash....20 minutes away from a landfill!!! Total disrespect and disregard for any one else..........low life. That kinda stuff gets me ill.....
 
This is common where i live.

So is dumping down mine shafts on peoples mining claims.

Another thing that is a growing problem is people dumping raw sewage from RVs on desert dirt roads.

If you drive down one of these dirt roads after you have a hard time getting rid if the smell from the sewage coating under your car.

And weeks or months later if it rains the c**p is still there
 
Let us not forget, that throught out all history... mankind has littered everywhere we have gone. Even on the moon.

Every time I go out, I find some trash left behind, so I fill my backpack up and hike it out of there to a dumpster.
Its our country! We fight for it! Even die for it, so why cant we keep clean? Its simple, not everyone claims ownership to this country of ours. Enviromental education is the key.
 
Last edited:
Do any of you smoke cigs ?
Do you flick them out your car window ?
Seeing as manufacturers have not included ashtrays in their cars for years.
CIG butts ARE the most littered item on the planet, cause tons of fires, and contrary to what people think, the butts do not degrade very fast since they are a type of plastic.
Plus all the nasty chemicals in them and billions of butts world wide littered everyday well you get the idea.

Mike
 
Do any of you smoke cigs ?
Do you flick them out your car window ?
Seeing as manufacturers have not included ashtrays in their cars for years.
CIG butts ARE the most littered item on the planet, cause tons of fires, and contrary to what people think, the butts do not degrade very fast since they are a type of plastic.
Plus all the nasty chemicals in them and billions of butts world wide littered everyday well you get the idea.

Mike

I grew up in the country surrounded by fields and most field fires I saw were started by cigarette butts being thrown out and it was something that happened multiple times each year. I personally think they should slap someone with a littering fine for flipping them out of their car. The property owners are the ones who get stuck with the fire department bill too.

There were some dumb@sses who decided to dump a truck load of garbage on my parent's farm several years ago. I say they were dumb as they left mail, financial information, cell phones bills, and marijuana seeds & stems in the trash. The cops were called, and within an hour he had the guilty party out there cleaning it up. I remember that they had some lame excuse that went something like "the wind must have blown it out of my car"...

Most of the parks and my favorite fishing spots are constantly having trashed dumped on them. I personally think that the people littering should be shot.
 
Mike, I would like to give you a friendly challenge. With a lit cigarette and some grass and leaves, try to start a fire. A few firemen have told me that when they have a fire that they cannot find the cause of, they blame a tossed cigarette. I do believe you can start a fire by smoking in bed. I was awakened by a smoldering mattress once. I do agree with your post against littering of any kind!!!
 
I have some .22 rifles and revolvers that I take out to public lands and set up some targets to shoot. I really enjoy it. I have several places that I go and everyone of them are littered with trash. I see everything from old refrigerators, couches, tvs, etc. Several of us try to pick up some of the trash and take it with us for proper disposal. If you don't have a pickup or such, there isn't much you can do about the large things; but the smaller stuff can easily be carried away with you for disposal. Someone used a dozer/backhoe (?) to level a place that very uneven. They dozed all the large trash items into one corner and then made a very nice level place for us to go out for target practice. About two months later, I went back to this place and you wouldn't believe the amount of trash that had been dumped there. It's a dirty, rotten shame!! As far as the flipping of cigarettes from the car window, I had an aunt living in Houston, TX a few years ago. She flipped a cigarette out the window and was stopped by a cop. He gave a ticket for littering and made it very clear to her that next time she would be spending her days picking up trash from the roadsides!!!
 
Mike, I would like to give you a friendly challenge. With a lit cigarette and some grass and leaves, try to start a fire. A few firemen have told me that when they have a fire that they cannot find the cause of, they blame a tossed cigarette. I do believe you can start a fire by smoking in bed. I was awakened by a smoldering mattress once. I do agree with your post against littering of any kind!!!

Well all I can say to that is, go out in august here and volunteer and pick up litter from the sides of highways or whatever road and watch what happens when folks flick cigs out the window into the brush, I have been picking up trash from along roads most of my life, and have seen fires start first hand because of cigs many many times.

As a side note, doing a public service such as picking up trash along roads has 3 known benefits to me.
First and most importantly, it makes our home a lot less ugly.
Second it IS really great exercise
And last but not least, you would be supprised to know how much cash,jewelery,phones,weapons and free unopened bottles and cans of beer and booze you will find...cause the little ones love to throw stuff out windows, the hand surfers in the breeze make rings fly off and the ones drinking do not want that cop thats about to pull them over find all that stuff they have been drinking...or smoking..

Mike
 
Well, I live on an old farm. Been here for about 45 years. I never use to see trash on the roads. Everyone took there trash to the dump. The dumps are paid for with tax money, but some poletiton decided to make money on the dumps, so it has gone from $0 up to $7 for a small pickup. That's when the road dumping started. Hay, I just go once a month now. Frank...
111-1 profilecracked.webp
 
Here in our county in Tennessee all home owners pay $90.00 fee per year to use the dumping facilities. Normally its just my wife and I here staying at our home. I have a full size Chevy truck which is not used a lot. So I bag and take out the non burning trash and put into truck. When the truck bed got full I'd drive the 12 miles to unload. But the last 3 times I've gone to unload I get the same song and dance from the attendant. You can't unload anything above the bed of the truck. He was wrong about that. I tell him I'm NOT making multiple trips when I can make one. He states only trucks loads with level bed loading can be unloaded. So being the ass that I am... I say watch and I'll show you how its done. WHAT OR WHY IN THE WORLD DO THEY CARE???????? So when its unloaded attendant states "this is the last time sir"... Right. You pay to use the service and then "they" want to control how much you dump at a time.
 
I can understand if the fee is for a truck load, but you pay a yearly fee. Suppose it was a cube van, that load would not be over the sides. I would contact the dept that controls the dump and get the rules in writing. Frank...
111-1 profilecracked.webp
 
We have to pay 2 bucks for an average size garbage bag.
 
Where I used to live at, once a month we got to take all of our trash to the township office, to a waiting garbage truck..you had to have a ID card from the township to prove you lived in the township.

Mike
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom