What's new

THIS MUST BE AN EAST COAST SITE

gold fever pete

Full Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
244
Reaction score
415
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am from the west coast. California. I have only been detecting since March of last year. Makes me kind of sick to think I wasted all those years not doing it. You guys have a lot of really good finds. Since March of last year I have found 28 silver rings,one silver necklace, an IPOD, 1 gold necklace, 2 14k gold rings and one platinum ring w/5 diamonds. Not to mention that I have found over 600 dollars in loose change that I cleaned and rolled. I really like this site, plan on visiting more often. I am Gold Fever Pete. Detectors are: XLT, DFX and Surf Master PI. See Ya. Happy Hunting
 
Upvote 0
Welcome Pete!!!! That's quite a haul!!!!! Don't be shy about posting pix of finds or sharing your adventures.

As for this being an East Coast forum, not that I've noticed. Over the winter most of the posts came from warm weather locations in FL and TX, with some SoCal. There is also a group of crazies that hunts the winter coast from Va up thru New England. If snow doesn't trap them in their driveways, they are on the beach. As the weather warms up I suspect more of the West Coast people will start to chime in. That said, there are members posting from down under, Japan, Hawaii, and Europe. A very interesting group.
 
Welcome to Tnet Pete...... :hello:

The hunters that post here come from all over.
 
You have done well. Welcome to TNet. I am still waiting for a gold chain. Photos are nice...... HH, Ralph
 
Welcome to detectorholic annonymus.
 
Welcome! Being born and raised in Santa Monica I really miss not seeing more posts from CA. DO come back often and share you finds we would like to see more of CA represented.

Chuck
 
Welcome to the forum Pete and would enjoy seeing
some of your finds. As mentioned above, posts come
from all over here and the pictures are worth at least
1000 words....and usually some slobbering on the
key-board too. GL and HH Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Hi Pete...Welcome :icon_salut:

I'm in California too. "Long Beach By The Sea" ...I'm a regular at Seal Beach summertime and hoping to branch out to turf hunting soon.

Seems like we have a large Florida crowd here but I've always felt welcome.

HH Joe
 
DrJoePrime said:
Hi Pete...Welcome :icon_salut:

I'm in California too. "Long Beach By The Sea" ...I'm a regular at Seal Beach summertime and hoping to branch out to turf hunting soon.

Seems like we have a large Florida crowd here but I've always felt welcome.

HH Joe

Heck I spent 33 years in Ca. working for the City of Long Beach on the beaches and do you think I metal detected (heck no) just when I moved to Maine :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
Pete, welcome to the addiction. I'm from CA too (as the name implies :tongue3:) Central coast area, south of San Jose. As can-slaw says, mostly east coast guys on this forum. But a few CA guys though. There's a CA specific forum, where a lot of us post: Kinzli site. Check out a recent Orange county beach erosion segment, posted from some swell action the fellow "compass" posted there. (I assume you're so. CA). But, .... oh ... if you do get on the kinzli ca forum, you gotta watch out for a fellow named "Dr. Joe" though. He has paranoid delusions that he's found gold and platinum, and posts his "supposed" finds to show off. We try to make sure he takes his med's, to control these odd pyschotic delusions, but .... you know ;D
 
nope!!!! welcome to the forum!!!!
 
Man do I stand corrected. You guys are alright. Nice to know that there are some fellow detectorholics in So Cal too. Went out this morning to a jr high school, found over 8 dollars and a crucifix. Will add pics of my collection on another post. Must be track and field season, I went to 2 high schools just to find a bunch of folks watching track events. I really don't like to be around detecting when there are a bunch of people around. So tell me does anyone out there have a Jimmy Sierra sand sucker? I bought one seemed to work pretty good but it looks like the good stuff is deeper than the sucker goes. Going to the schools that had the track events in the morning. I like to get there at about 6:30 or 7. See Ya and thanks for making me feel welcome. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Welcome my friend. You r banging out a new year!!!!!!!!
I have to admit tho, we east coast breed rock the coast...... :headbang:
 
I am here. So I guess I will write the first post. Went out to 2 schools this morning. Managed to get one costume ring and one silver. At the end of the month I will take a picture of all my finds. To date I now have 2 silver rings,2 costume rings, one gold plated ring (18k), a 14k gold necklace, a Kershaw knife, a small crucifix that fell apart when I cleaned it (managed to super glue it back together),a boy scout tie holder misc stuff you find on the beach. Will post at thee end of this week. Pete
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom