What's new

Thought I had an old buckle at first..then disappointment!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
7,808
Reaction score
779
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bradenton, Fl
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Any ideas what this is?? found at a homestead that dates earlier than 1775. I think this looks manufactured and like an electrical switch plate. Any other thoughts??
 

Attachments

  • Shimerwhatsit1.webp
    Shimerwhatsit1.webp
    180.8 KB · Views: 291
  • Shimerwhatsit2.webp
    Shimerwhatsit2.webp
    125.6 KB · Views: 299
Part of a clock, there would be two of these piece with gears and wheels sandwiched in between..

Tim
 
Upvote 0
On the second pic by your finger tips I can make out usa clock co. But can't make out what is above that. Kinda looks like writing at the top of the frame also. But I dunno. Still a cool find. HH
 
Upvote 0
wow you have good eyes!! you are absolutely right it does say that! thanks
 
Upvote 0
Deftone said:
On the second pic by your finger tips I can make out usa clock co. But can't make out what is above that.
cntrydncr1 said:
you are absolutely right it does say that!
what does it say? ??? ;D (above that)
 

Attachments

  • clock company.webp
    clock company.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0
That is a darn good question about that! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
I could hardly find the USA clock co. and didn't see anything else. Went back with a loop and realized it says Waterbury above that.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks!! well it definitely puts the find in the period of time that one of my distant relatives owned the property at least. thanks Deftone!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom