mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. Stopped by a bank yesterday and bought around 300.00 in handrolled halves. I assumed they were a CRHers dumps, i've seen this guy's returns everywhere. Went thru most of the rolls. Then in one of the last rolls, i saw 10 dirty silver edges stacked together. 1 1952 Ben, 5-64s, and 4-40%ers together in 1 roll out of about 30 rolls. I guess i should never assume. HH and happy Independence day everyone.

Attachments

• DSCN3575.JPG
    DSCN3575.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Always makes a great day to find silver handrolled! Beautiful pics!

apush :read2:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Coin rolls are like a box of chocolate...you never know what your gonna get.

Golden Silver

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Just when you think you have in all figured out, life throws you a curve. Great score though, even if 90% of it was anothers dump. You have a great 4th yourself.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I had that happen once but it was with about $2000 in rolls. I was at the end of a road trip and the teller said they had been all searched. I figured what the heck, I have a bag dump bank so I took them all and figured I'd search them all on the way home. About half way through a strange roll appeared. Solid 90%. Found one more of the rolls and made the trip worth it. You never know! It has gone the other way many more times but you never know. To quote LJ since she dropped in tonight, persistence! :tongue3:

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread