What's new

Thought they were all dumps

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. Stopped by a bank yesterday and bought around 300.00 in handrolled halves. I assumed they were a CRHers dumps, i've seen this guy's returns everywhere. Went thru most of the rolls. Then in one of the last rolls, i saw 10 dirty silver edges stacked together. 1 1952 Ben, 5-64s, and 4-40%ers together in 1 roll out of about 30 rolls. I guess i should never assume. HH and happy Independence day everyone.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3575.webp
    DSCN3575.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0
Yes, never assume.

Congrats

DW
 
Congrats! Always makes a great day to find silver handrolled! Beautiful pics!

apush :read2:
 
Coin rolls are like a box of chocolate...you never know what your gonna get.

Golden Silver
 
Just when you think you have in all figured out, life throws you a curve. Great score though, even if 90% of it was anothers dump. You have a great 4th yourself.
 
I had that happen once but it was with about $2000 in rolls. I was at the end of a road trip and the teller said they had been all searched. I figured what the heck, I have a bag dump bank so I took them all and figured I'd search them all on the way home. About half way through a strange roll appeared. Solid 90%. Found one more of the rolls and made the trip worth it. You never know! It has gone the other way many more times but you never know. To quote LJ since she dropped in tonight, persistence! :tongue3:

Maine_Jim
 
sweet score!!! ive never gotten more than one silver in a roll b4...nice, and i love the bens! hh, and happy 4th!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom