What's new

Thoughts on this Terra Cotta bowl-

diggummup

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
17,871
Reaction score
10,149
Golden Thread
0
Location
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I acquired this piece from an estate sale a while back for $1 as a curiousity piece. I know nothing about it. It stands about 6.5" tall and the opening at the top is approx. 4.25". Any thoughts or opinions as to age or culture, use? Maybe it's just a bad modern Mexican wannabe?

DSC05716.webpDSC05705.webpDSC05708.webpDSC05706.webpDSC05715.webpDSC05710.webp
 
Do not think it is pre-columbian. Looks like it is from Levant.
 
danasaur, Thanks, I know it's been a while to say te least since you reponded. My apologies, I don't get to this section of the forum too often. Can you tell me why you think this is from the Levant region? Anybody else have any thoughts on this piece? I have picked up several more" curiousities" I will be posting as time allows, it's going to be a busy week.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom