What's new

Three firsts.... one hole Seated and Barber Halfs and seated dime !!!!

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
67
Golden Thread
0
Location
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Hi all,Got out to an old foundation site today for abit.This site is in front of my brothers house and I've been there quite a few times and never found much to speak of till today.I stopped to see my brother and decided to give it another shot.As I was heading out I told my brother that there had to be something good there and that some day I was going to find it....well not 15 min's later I was in shock !!!!! I first found two penny's that I think are Indians.Then as I was following a deer trail I got a good hit and was thinking modern quarter......then I flipped the plug and it was still in the hole so I'm thinking cool mabey a large cent.Dug down about 8 inches and saw a large silver coin !!!! Picked it up and saw the eagle....first I'm thinking OMG it's a draped bust half !!! I dident want to wipe it so I was going to run to the house and clean it but cheaked the hole again....bingo another signal !!! Out popped a seated liberty half !!!! So now I'm freakin out and ran to the house to see what I had.Cleaned em up abit and saw that the draped was actualy an 1892 Barber half and the seated was an 1875 cc half then I whent back...cheaked the hole and had a weak signal down deep.....dug an 1887 seated dime !!! All three are coins that I have never found in all my years of detecting.....I'm going back shortly !!!!!
 

Attachments

  • MVC-004F.webp
    MVC-004F.webp
    58 KB · Views: 1,056
  • MVC-005F.webp
    MVC-005F.webp
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,040
Upvote 0
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

o my word, those are beautiful, congrats :thumbsup:
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

That's about the best 15 min. hunt I ever heard of. Beautiful coins. :thumbsup:
Now go back and get the rest.
Randy
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Beautiful finds. Thats what makes this hobby great. Good luck when you go back.

Mainer
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Congrats on a super hole filled with great coins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This kind of post makes me excited and jealous at the same time.
Jon Dickinson.
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Simply amazing!! :o

Congrats on the rare and great finds!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king:
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Oh are those sweet!!

Spills are wonderful. . . they just keep giving and giving :)

Well done!
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

I just can't seem to take my eyes off of those coins. They are beautiful! Did you find an identity on the two pennies?
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Now that is an incredible pocket spill! OMG - I can't imagine even finding one of those coins, let alone all three in the same hole!!!!
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Those are some nice coins.
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

awweeeeeeeeesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
hh
dan
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Thanks y'all.Man I would have been thrilled to just find the dime.....I been lookin for onea thous for a looooong time ! Found a seated quarter last year but realy wanted that dime ! I got the coins cleaned up and the Barber still has mint luster.....but I put a very small scratch just above the headband.I just recently got a used explorer xs and am having a problem pinpointing.

I whent back this afternoon and dident find anything else......but I did get a nice silver dime signal up under some tree roots.I dident want to scratch it so I'm going back when I get the sunray probe.


terpfan said:
I just can't seem to take my eyes off of those coins. They are beautiful! Did you find an identity on the two pennies?


I think there both Indians but in all the excitment I done forgot about em ! There pretty crusted up but I'll see if I can id them later and let y'all know what they are.......1877 mabey ! :o
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

awesome finds!
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

what a sweet find
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Thanks y'all. ;D
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Wow! Great finds! Still looking for my first big silver Half Dollar piece!

Congrats! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Super finds!!
Super Congrats!
happy hunting

John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom