What's new

Three firsts.... one hole Seated and Barber Halfs and seated dime !!!!

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
67
Golden Thread
0
Location
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Hi all,Got out to an old foundation site today for abit.This site is in front of my brothers house and I've been there quite a few times and never found much to speak of till today.I stopped to see my brother and decided to give it another shot.As I was heading out I told my brother that there had to be something good there and that some day I was going to find it....well not 15 min's later I was in shock !!!!! I first found two penny's that I think are Indians.Then as I was following a deer trail I got a good hit and was thinking modern quarter......then I flipped the plug and it was still in the hole so I'm thinking cool mabey a large cent.Dug down about 8 inches and saw a large silver coin !!!! Picked it up and saw the eagle....first I'm thinking OMG it's a draped bust half !!! I dident want to wipe it so I was going to run to the house and clean it but cheaked the hole again....bingo another signal !!! Out popped a seated liberty half !!!! So now I'm freakin out and ran to the house to see what I had.Cleaned em up abit and saw that the draped was actualy an 1892 Barber half and the seated was an 1875 cc half then I whent back...cheaked the hole and had a weak signal down deep.....dug an 1887 seated dime !!! All three are coins that I have never found in all my years of detecting.....I'm going back shortly !!!!!
 

Attachments

  • MVC-004F.webp
    MVC-004F.webp
    58 KB · Views: 1,056
  • MVC-005F.webp
    MVC-005F.webp
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,040
Upvote 0
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

WOW MAN!! WHAT A RUSH! Get back there and clean the rest out! 8) Well done, enjoy those!
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

SUPER NICE COINS. CONGRATS.
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Totally awesome finds. If you weren't hooked before. You gotta be now.
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Two rare halves together is a great find
Congrats :thumbsup:
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Congratulations on all the nice silver. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

WOW!
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

You've got to be kidding me! That is AWESOME! I'm still trying to work on a seated dime. Congrats! Now go back and get some more. :thumbsup:

Ray
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Thanks y'all. ;D
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

That is what it is all about. Keep it up. J.
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

WOW, very nice finds!!! Thanks for sharing the great story and pics. :thumbsup:

DANGLANGLEY
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Wow great coins!!!!! And a cc to boot!
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Those are some beautiful coins you dug, kudos!
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Holy smokers.....Nice coins....get back there quick, cause they seem to be growing in that ground! :thumbsup: jgas
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Good Golly! SWEEEEEET! Grid the area then do it again. Oh so terriffic! HHHH
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Thanks y'all.I 'll definatly be going back ! I have sites that I've been going back and finding good finds for years ! I should have hit it better this spring before it had a chance to grow over.The site is loaded with prickers and thorn trees and was tuff going.....been working on my brother to clear it out some.....but he's the type that mow's a path to the car and thats about it. :D Best of luck all ! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

That is INSANE! What a memorable hunt you had! Nice job :headbang:

Nat
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Way to go Great finds
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Nice Finds WTG
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Thanks y'all. ;D


Natman said:
That is INSANE! What a memorable hunt you had! Nice job :headbang:

Nat

Thanks Nat...A memorial day I'll never forget for sure ! ;D
 
Re: Three first's.... one hole Seated and Barber Half's and seated dime !!!!

Absolutely beautiful.....makes me wanna cry! :'( WTG Keiser!! :icon_thumright: Hope you find more!

HH,
Moon
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom