What's new

Thursday 27 Aug

joshmd5132

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Today I got a teller at a BOA to order me Halves!!! Awesome. Went to another BOA and got the only roll of halves they had 2 40% and got $150 in dimes. Going through my dimes I found a 1982 barber dime. It is wild to find something 117 years old. I love this CRHing, it is the BEST hobby in the world. My question is are barber dimes silver? Are they often found? Thank you


Josh
 
Upvote 0
joshmd5132 said:
Today I got a teller at a BOA to order me Halves!!! Awesome. Went to another BOA and got the only roll of halves they had 2 40% and got $150 in dimes. Going through my dimes I found a 1982 barber dime. It is wild to find something 117 years old. I love this CRHing, it is the BEST hobby in the world. My question is are barber dimes silver? Are they often found? Thank you


Josh

Great find! I think you mean 1882, not 1982 though. Plus, if thats the case, the dime would be 127 years old, not 117.
 
Yes let me correct it it is a 1892 barber dime 117 years old. Thanks for that.
 
post a pic, barber dimes are rare...

lots would tell you 150$ in dimes will most likely not even produce any thing... i did 1k other day and got 1 rosie... but brink clear wraps i find not to produce any thing
 
Great find on the Barber. :thumbsup: I've been through 400,000 dimes and only found 2. Very hard to find
 
They are silver

DW
 
Grats on the barber. Some of the longtimers are still searchin for one of those.

Golden silver
 
Here is a pic of the front.
 

Attachments

  • barberdime.webp
    barberdime.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 156
That is very good luck finding the old Barber. I was searching mostly BOA boxes last fall and scored six. Good luck! ffd
 
Congrads on the Barber, the 1892 is the first year of the series. They are very hard to come by. Look on the reverse for a mintmark.
 
being a new member we will forgive you for breaking rule #22....you must make a cheesy haircut reference in the title of your post whenever you find a Barber ;D
not to mention you'll get more hits on the post.
congrats by the way. you have already reached a benchmark in CRH. many of us have been at it for years and haven't found one :thumbsup:
 
Nice find. Good work :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom