Ladies and Gentlemen,
Lend me you ears.
I have been watching this site about a year and as a newbie I have appreciated all the knowldge it has imparted. There is only so much that the books can teach us. It takes individual help on most sites to get futher along. It seems to me that there are three kinds of posters:
First, there are the cloud watchers (I call them cloudies). They see something in almost everything. Lord knows that a lot would be missed if it wasn't for their input. Sometimes I think they sure have good eyes. Other times, I don't see it but that's ok because only the person in the field can make that judgment call for their site. Most, if not all, of the cloudies readily admit that they don't have all the answers. They don't claim to be experts. I appreciate them on the site even it I don't always see things the way that they do.
Next, on the other side of the pendulum are the naysayers. They are the doubters. They question everything and very seldom have a positive input. Sure we need posters that will keep us from swollowing everything. Some of them even show their research to back their opinons. Their biggest problem, however, is credibility. Most naysayers don't have anything that shows that anyone should listen to them. Where are their photos or field stories? Research is great, we can't do without it. But field experience gets my attention. I do what many others do and that is ignore them. What a great button the "ignore" button is. We need not add heat to the fire by trying to discredit them.
The other group is the solid middle of the roaders that mentor us and show us their photo examples. People like SD, OD, Rangler, LH , DM and others. They keep emphasizing "confirmation, confimation, confirmation". I just have concerns about losing any of the middle of the roaders with newbies coming on all the time.
Every site needs professional help. Like SD said, "we need partners". We need each other and I want to continue being mentored.
There is also the PM for our use. A PM to Rangler got me further down the road and made things come into place. Hang in there and oro para ti.
okey dokey