What's new

Tiny Tool ID

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has no makers marks .
 

Attachments

  • Picture%20013.webp
    Picture%20013.webp
    75.2 KB · Views: 494
  • Picture%20014.webp
    Picture%20014.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 486
  • Picture%20015.webp
    Picture%20015.webp
    77.1 KB · Views: 487
Blacksheep said:
Some type of puller, awfully small center pin, clock repair maybe? :icon_scratch:

(Cool item)
Yes its a puller, most likely to remove plumbing faucet and shower handles. I have a modern version somewhere with the same point. You remove the shower handle screw, attach the puller and the point screws into the small hole where the screw was removed. puller facuet-handle.webp
 
Upvote 0
Could also be a small chain link removal tool.
 
Upvote 0
Back during the Slot Car craze I used one to pull the end gear on an electric slot car motor. Basic small gear puller.
DG
 
Upvote 0
:thumbsup:yes it has a center pin.... :wink:
 

Attachments

  • great.webp
    great.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0
There are many different pullers for many different jobs. If the puller does not have the tiny end then it is not for the same purpose. .The only puller withthe tiny end pictured so far is for plumbing. I dont know if I am correct but if it doesnt have the small pressure point center pin, then it is not the same. Maybe some clock hand pullers have a tiny end, I dont know.

Your puller on the left looks very similar Michelle. Can you post a larger picture with the link? I cant tell if it has a tiny center pin.
 
Upvote 0
Obvioulsy thumb screws...common device of torture!
 
Upvote 0
i have a chain tool for bicycles looks alot like this piece. used to push out/in link pins.
 
Upvote 0
tulecanyon said:
i have a chain tool for bicycles looks alot like this piece. used to push out/in link pins.
Yes I agree.
 
Upvote 0
tulecanyon said:
i have a chain tool for bicycles looks alot like this piece. used to push out/in link pins.

Doesn't look heavy enough for a chain link removal tool and only has the knurled thumb wheel
vs a hex head to use a wrench, still leaning towards "generic" (as suggested earlier) or clock hand
puller. ;D
 
Upvote 0
Blacksheep said:
tulecanyon said:
i have a chain tool for bicycles looks alot like this piece. used to push out/in link pins.

Doesn't look heavy enough for a chain link removal tool and only has the knurled thumb wheel
vs a hex head to use a wrench, still leaning towards "generic" (as suggested earlier) or clock hand
puller. ;D
Yea I think your right, Blacksheep. Because of the knurled hand turning wheel it is probably for delicate work. Here is a pic of a watch puller with a smaller center pin. puller watch.gif They may come in all sizes.


Michelle your pic is from a slotcar site. Looks very similar. http://images.google.com/imgres?img...v=/images?q=puller+watch+hand&um=1&hl=en&sa=G
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom