To All Treasure Hunters - Our Legal Rights are at Risk! WE NEED YOUR HELP!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phips,

Very well written.Just hope that Gov Charlie Crist or his cohorts dont file it in the nearest waste basket.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the compliments. Yes, if anyone else would like to email the Governor in reference to this matter, the email address is:
[email protected]

It may get tossed into the "circular file" but at least I will know that I put in the effort and didn't just stand by and watch my rights being taken away from me without a fight!

I am doing all that I can to help... I have signed a petition which was filed with the state, attended the DHR hearing in Ponte Vedra Beach, emailed the Governor, wrote a three part article for the local newspaper (Press Journal), and if all goes well I may be doing a live radio show interview soon to"enlighten" the public about this issue. Gotta' keep tryin'...

Phips

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree. What a very well written letter. I do hope he reads it and gets into some action. Thanks

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All... I recently wrote a short follow up letter to Governor Crist since my letter I shared with you above had gone unanswered to date. The response I received back was unimpressive and somewhat expected. I just thought I would share it with you all... who did Governor Crist get to respond to me? None other than the very people who started this whole mess in the first place... no surprise!
I will be following up with Mr. Wheeler to find out just what wording has been changed since the October "hearing" in Ponte Vedra Beach... I am expecting to get the typical run around... Phips

Hello: Thank you for your message to Governor Charlie Crist, to which I have been asked to respond. We appreciate your comments and have reviewed them closely, as we have done with all other comments received on the proposed rule amendment. Please feel free to contact me with any specific comments on the proposed rule language. As we mentioned at the October rule hearing, we have made several changes based on input from commercial salvors and we are interested in making further revisions. I hope this is helpful. Best wishes, Ryan

Ryan J. Wheeler, Ph.D.

State Archaeologist and Chief,

Bureau of Archaeological Research

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phips,

Thats called passing the buck.Seems to be common practice with the state workers.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah... all to familiar with this favorite government passtime... what makes things worse is that the "buck" was passed to the very individuals that caused the issue to arise in the first place! Now what kind of redress and resolution will we get?... hmmm... let me think... uhhh... pretty much the response I got!!

"Yeah, yeah, we're making changes to that ruling and we're eager to make more... we'll get back to you"...

Can't wait to see what they came up with... Phips :-[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread