What's new

Today at the park--clad AND silver

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2007
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
This morning, I got to one of our local parks and started detecting. I was getting a few bottlecaps and pulltabs, then a dime signal appeared on my TID. I dug it and it was a clad dime. I scanned around some more and got another dime. After about 30 or 40 minutes I had a total of 2 pennies,2 nickels,2 dimes and 1 quarter...all clad era coins. :)



I then went to another area in the park and started hunting. After 40 minutes of the usual pulltabs and bottlecaps, I get a quarter reading. Up pops a 1934 Washington. Searching around that area, and less than 18 inches away, another quarter. A 1935 pops out of the ground.
A couple of bottlecaps later and nothing for 20 minutes.

I move a bit further on and get another 25 cent signal.

This time it is a 1914 Barber quarter. After searching around where I found that one, I don't find anything else, so after 2 1/2 hours ,I call it a day.
 

Attachments

  • clad.webp
    clad.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 823
  • 3silver.webp
    3silver.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 805
Upvote 0
Thanks every one!! It was nice to see that one come out of the ground, indeed.

I see a few want to see close ups of my find.Here you go!!! Enjoy....cause I sure did!! ;D
 

Attachments

  • barberfrnt.webp
    barberfrnt.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 267
  • barberback.webp
    barberback.webp
    43 KB · Views: 268
Wow Dimeman. The Barber is in excellent shape. Did you clean it? If so, what did you use? What a great day. Just wish the snow would get off the ground here. I've got huntin' fever.
 
1liquigirl said:
Wow Dimeman. The Barber is in excellent shape. Did you clean it? If so, what did you use? What a great day. Just wish the snow would get off the ground here. I've got huntin' fever.

All I did was rinse it off with warm water and pat it dry with a paper towel. I do not clean coins with anything else.

Dimeman
 
Beautiful coin dimeman!!!! If I had......do'h!!! Nice job on the others as well. That is a mighty fine macro shot ya took there too, pilgrim.... I still want one of those.....As soon as I buy one I am sure to dig one up!! GL...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom