What's new

Today...Was the Day!!

detectahead

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,564
Reaction score
875
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! Went with my gut feeling today and stopped at a location along the river I knew was hunted well by others. Yes, I do have competition but seems there not as thorough. I decided to pull some large rocks and boulders and scan under them, making sure I went over the area where I was going to pull the rocks to so that I was'nt doing double work. Within ten minutes of getting in I got the smaller silver ring. As I moved forward I was finding plenty of coins and the dreaded zinc penny! I finally pulled one boulder and I was getting multiple signals. Alright! I grabbed a handful of gravel and the first thing I see is the multi diamond ring and right next to it the smaller solitare! I closed my hand and reopened it to make sure I was'nt seeing things! As I am doing this I was still moving my coil and another signal was coming in. I said to myself, no way! I reached down grabbed another handful and up comes the larger solitare! Holy crap! I probably stood there for several minutes realizing that I had just pulled up 3 diamond rings! I went back over the hole and still more signals! I reached down again, grabbed and hanging out of the sides of my hand was the gold ankle bracelet! Wow! Still another signal! Grab, up comes the honker silver ring! This can't be, is this really happening? The signals now had stopped but, my heart had not it was still pounding away!! I walked back to my car and called my wife because I just had to share the most exciting metal detecting day of my life with my best friend. When I returned to my location there only 5 ft away was the water proof Vivitar! In my excitement I had not even seen it! The rest of the day went by as usual with trash and coin finds.What a day which I will never forget and so glad there is Treasure net so I could also share this moment with all of you! Thanks for looking! Detectahead
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    233.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    399.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    214.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    166.8 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0
WOW!! Is right. More rocks and gold under one boulder than I have found in several years. Way to go.....
 
I found a spot like that today....but only dimes kept coming up.
Beautiful rings and a camera too...buy a lottery ticket!
\:occasion14:
 
Nice haul buddy!! Way to smoke that river.
 
BANNER DAY - Thats Fantastic - WTG :headbang:
 
Sounds like a cache hole of gold!!WTG:icon_thumleft:awesome day alright,beautiful finds,,HH
 
Amazing! I'm going to start pulling rocks too!
congratulations
 
WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!:wav:

You sure had a most impressive hunt, detectahead!:headbang:

Get back there ..it's waiting for you!

Lorraine
 
Absolutly a BANNER hunt day, hard to beat that one.:occasion14:
 
I found a spot like that today....but only dimes kept coming up.
Beautiful rings and a camera too...buy a lottery ticket!
\:occasion14:
Hey fred,if only one of those dimes were minted w/cc--I would say you hit the lottery:hello2:
 
I "LOVE" to hear those hard, sharp, rapid, multiple tones! Though it's been a while since I have actually heard it! :laughing7: Awesomer hunt! :icon_thumleft:
 
Wow! That's amazing and inspirational...way to go! All in one spot? I vote banner. And thanks for your advice on river hunting Detectahead, it's starting to pay off for me. Niffler
 
Last edited:
As a beginner, that is inspiring!!! Wow!!!
 
The kind of day we all dream of...great rings...congrats.
 
Wow, I have a feeling you have started a new method of detecting in rivers!
Truly an amazing 5 minutes of detecting!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom