What's new

todays 20 boxes---with pics

silvercop

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
today's 20 boxes---with pics

just got finished with today's 20 boxes. did not skunk out like i have the past 3 weeks but the finds were meager. here is the results

walker-----1
ben--------1
1964------4
40%------23

out of the 20 boxes 17 were skunks. clad finds--1978S 1999S and 1987D
here are the pics
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001S.webp
    MVC-001S.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 399
  • MVC-002S.webp
    MVC-002S.webp
    18 KB · Views: 408
  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0
Re: today's 20 boxes---with pics

Hey SC - seems like everyones totals are crashing lately. I'm in the second month of some pretty slim pickings. I would try and bump up those brinks boxes you've been scoring!

Maine_Jim
 
Re: today's 20 boxes---with pics

wish i could jim. the vault teller at the bank that orders the brinks boxes for me acts like it is a pain to order those. i am thankful and don't want to push it. it's just a matter of time before the brinks boxes skunk out again anyway.
 
Re: today's 20 boxes---with pics

Good score ! It's only a matter of time before you hit a dream box.
HH
Rich
 
Re: today's 20 boxes---with pics

at least your still bringing in the silver.

Golden Silver
 
Re: today's 20 boxes---with pics

silvercop said:
wish i could jim. the vault teller at the bank that orders the brinks boxes for me acts like it is a pain to order those. i am thankful and don't want to push it. it's just a matter of time before the brinks boxes skunk out again anyway.

If it is not a risk to you can you say what Bank orders you 20 Boxes a week?

I've been using Regions several Branches for 11 months now one has just started talking fees the other 2 could not be far from it either- my best order Bank one has failed to order my Boxes 3 of 5 weeks now, something is up- find out for sure 2sday when go see if they ordered for next week.

I'd hate to be stuck with only a Guarda Bank that has not broached F word s they are poor performers have NEVER gotten a good box from them.
 
Re: today's 20 boxes---with pics

I ordered one single box of halves for the first time and I do not think I will do it again.

I found just 20 keepers 17 40% and 3 90%. The dumping made me cry.

I do not know how you can handle 20 boxes but still good finds.

Confrats

D.W.
 
Re: today's 20 boxes---with pics

Darth Walker said:
I ordered one single box of halves for the first time and I do not think I will do it again.

I found just 20 keepers 17 40% and 3 90%. The dumping made me cry.

I do not know how you can handle 20 boxes but still good finds.

Confrats

D.W.

Just 20 keepers...I'd take 20 keepers from one box any day of the week. Find a bank with a coincounter...very easy dumping.
 
Re: today's 20 boxes---with pics

Darth Walker said:
I ordered one single box of halves for the first time and I do not think I will do it again.

I found just 20 keepers 17 40% and 3 90%. The dumping made me cry.

I do not know how you can handle 20 boxes but still good finds.

Confrats

D.W.


You found "just" 20 keepers and you are not happy? Is this an attempt at humor/sarcasm?

Jim
 
Re: today's 20 boxes---with pics

ob i order the 20 boxes from frontier bank. they are only here in alabama. i think they have about 8 branches spread out over central and north alabama. the brinks boxes i get are ordered by BB&T. i get 4 garda boxes from capital city bank, there main offices are in florida but they have some branches here in alabama.
 
Re: today's 20 boxes---with pics

Well 20 keepers is just 2% (20/1000).


Silver got 29 keepers on 20*1000 = 20,000

29/20,000=0.145% keepers

What I want to say is that the way I see banks now will make more dificult the dumping in the future.

Banks that were not charging fees for handling coins on commercial customers are starting to charge fees and it will extend to personal accounts too.

DW
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom