What's new

Todays dig with friend!

Martingeetars

Full Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
229
Reaction score
85
Golden Thread
0
Location
The south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got out about 3 oclock this afternoon and had a great day digging.I decided to dig right next to a big old oak
and found the corner notched Kirk and my friend found the newnan. Absolutley beautiful day thank you thank you thank you!
 

Attachments

  • sundays dig 3.5.2012 001.webp
    sundays dig 3.5.2012 001.webp
    185.7 KB · Views: 603
  • sundays dig 3.5.2012 007.webp
    sundays dig 3.5.2012 007.webp
    214.3 KB · Views: 643
  • sundays dig 3.5.2012 010.webp
    sundays dig 3.5.2012 010.webp
    60.8 KB · Views: 697
  • sundays dig 3.5.2012 012.webp
    sundays dig 3.5.2012 012.webp
    100.9 KB · Views: 703
  • sundays dig 3.5.2012 016.webp
    sundays dig 3.5.2012 016.webp
    242.3 KB · Views: 713
  • sundays dig 3.5.2012 019.webp
    sundays dig 3.5.2012 019.webp
    221.2 KB · Views: 708
Upvote 0
great finds........
 

Attachments

  • MelBrooks-Indian-BlazingSaddles.webp
    MelBrooks-Indian-BlazingSaddles.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 690
WOW! Mark that is awesome. Super find!
 
W O W ! two great points there, two of my favorite point types as well. Thanks for showing and don't stop diggin'.
 
absolutely gorgeous points, I'd be expanding that hole for sure!
 
Those are some real beauties........That Kirk is made of some very nice material, i love the two tone red and grey chert on the it...................GTP
 
Thanks for the kind words , we have been digging this site for about 6-7 years and have found some fine points,what you don't see is right behind where I am taking the picture it drops off into an old lake bed all grown up with cypress trees and such, it would only make sense that there would be occupation there! This is a 7 acre lot with alot of digging still to be done.
 
Killer points. :headbang:
 
Old digger I really appreciate the kind words, going to try alittle bit tuesday afternoon in the same spot
see what I can turn up! Peace
 
those are way cool
are they knife blades?
they almost look too large to be an arrow point
whatever they are i think they are very beautiful
steve
 
Steve they were hafted to what I would guess and its purely a guess, a short handle and used as knifes.You can see on the picture of the newnan 1st pic (translucent) right by my top finger, to the left of it you can see where the first resharpening starts and goes to the tip.Another guess is that they are to heavey for arrows,these are archiac points earlier than the per say bow but not for maybe atlatal? These are the questions that really make you start thinking and looking at what we find and trying to figure out thier use.
 
Now that's a great day!!! Congraulations on the finds.
 
Just beautiful
I say banner
 
Totally awesome!! Wish I could find some that looks like these.
 
Nice artifact finds!! I would put that first piece in a frame, and try not to look at it when I was snoozing! Thanks for the share.
 
Same site, got in about two hours yesterday afternoon, found this sweet knife. Has some evidence of resharpening I would say.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom