KyDigNQueen
Sr. Member
Today's find weren't much, still learning...
So I went out today for a few hours near an old home site. Found random stuff. Mainly I am just learning the settings on my new AT Pro and what the different tones sound like, how to discriminate iron, etc. I didn't know what the red heart was but found an old thread on here that explained it. I also thought the rat poison bottle was an interesting find. I found one Ball lid with intact porcelain seal that I managed not to break with my shovel. A Bac-a-Belt buckle from the 50's, an old Remington Nitro shotgun shell, 8 pull tabs, part of an aluminum percolator, and what I think is a handle that is copper. I didn't find any coins, unfortunately, but it was a good, hard 6 hour day and I learned a lot. Hoping to go to an old park tomorrow with my husband. Maybe I can at least find some clad, or something better!


So I went out today for a few hours near an old home site. Found random stuff. Mainly I am just learning the settings on my new AT Pro and what the different tones sound like, how to discriminate iron, etc. I didn't know what the red heart was but found an old thread on here that explained it. I also thought the rat poison bottle was an interesting find. I found one Ball lid with intact porcelain seal that I managed not to break with my shovel. A Bac-a-Belt buckle from the 50's, an old Remington Nitro shotgun shell, 8 pull tabs, part of an aluminum percolator, and what I think is a handle that is copper. I didn't find any coins, unfortunately, but it was a good, hard 6 hour day and I learned a lot. Hoping to go to an old park tomorrow with my husband. Maybe I can at least find some clad, or something better!


Attachments
Last edited:
Upvote
24
I only stopped then because the sun had set and I was going to be back the next day! I wasn't tired at all, the excitement of good finds overcomes all fatigue.






