What's new

Todays Find!

old digger

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
7,554
Reaction score
7,441
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Find!

I found this large piece of coral today. I never expected to find it in ancient river gravel wash.


folder 3 011.webp folder 3 009.webp
 
wow!!that is amazing!! are you going to keep it?
 
Excellent find old digger :thumbsup:
Sounds like a good area to return to!!
 
Excellent find old digger :thumbsup:
Sounds like a good area to return to!!


What's odd is that 99.9% of the area is as I said before, is ancient gravels that are being washed/eroded along the high water mark along the lake shore. There was one small piece of petrified wood (a little bigger than my fist) that I found, but let lay, but other than that the rest were round river rock. I will try and go back and get a picture.
I did find some larger sized (half the size of a football) pieces of rounded, somewhat polished pieces of quartz. I left those there but I was thinking of going back and getting them. This site is about 65 miles one way, but here in Mt. that's a normal outing.
 
What's odd is that 99.9% of the area is as I said before, is ancient gravels that are being washed/eroded along the high water mark along the lake shore. There was one small piece of petrified wood (a little bigger than my fist) that I found, but let lay, but other than that the rest were round river rock. I will try and go back and get a picture.
I did find some larger sized (half the size of a football) pieces of rounded, somewhat polished pieces of quartz. I left those there but I was thinking of going back and getting them. This site is about 65 miles one way, but here in Mt. that's a normal outing.
Yes, old digger, 65 miles is...'just down the road'! in the northwest hahaha!! :)
sounds like a good area....even better if there's old gravel-pits to check too! :thumbsup:
 
That is a great find. I have never seen any like it.
 
This is great, cool find and impressive it's still whole!! Sure it's pretty light!?! Haha
I know I'd be super excited about this find! Congrats man!
 
I bet when you found it you thought Dino egg.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom