What's new

Todays finds pale in comparison to the beautiful finds I see posted by others..

Lorrain.

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
978
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's finds pale in comparison to the beautiful finds I see posted by others..

I am impressed with the high level of detecting talent on this forum; keep up the great work! :headbang:

I'll keep trying ....love this hobby :icon_sunny:

Today I hunted the dry sand for 2 hrs. and then the damp sand 2 hrs. as the tide was receding.

Clads, and loads of junk ( which I won't bother including in the pics).

Some silver coins , and a token which I am presently researching :read2: ; would like to know the date that this transit company became defunct...will phone the city history department tomorrow to confirm info I found on Internet. :icon_thumleft:

Here's the link to info re: token. Appears that as part of C R &L , the company met its demise in 1972.

http://metro.wikia.com/wiki/Bridgeport_Auto_Transit_Company

Here's pics.. including one ugly "Buffalo". :help:

thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0713.webp
    DSCF0713.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 388
  • DSCF0719.webp
    DSCF0719.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCF0714.webp
    DSCF0714.webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 381
  • DSCF0715.webp
    DSCF0715.webp
    73.8 KB · Views: 382
  • DSCF0723.webp
    DSCF0723.webp
    96.4 KB · Views: 386
  • DSCF0726.webp
    DSCF0726.webp
    120.2 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0
Re: Today's finds pale compared to the beatiful finds I'm seeing posted by others...

Nice old finds...interesting token...congrats!!!
 
Re: Today's finds pale compared to the beatiful finds I'm seeing posted by others...

I would love to hunt in an area like yours.
You might find an heirloom piece from the turn of the century.
The bottles are really neat.
 
Re: Today's finds pale in comparison to the beautiful finds I see posted by others..

Great little piece of history in that token; congrats!
In 1922, the 20 jitney operators who worked the Barnum Ave and State Street Lines in Bridgeport organized (to provide better scheduling for their bus passengers) into the Bridgeport Auto Transport Company (Route “B”—your token). Other Bridgeport bus operators also combined at the same time to create Route “C” and “D” companies.

Source: (page 256, lower right of page)
http://books.google.com/books?id=HF...ult&ct=result&resnum=6&sqi=2&ved=0CF8Q6AEwBQ#

The line was still running in late ’75 as can be seen here:
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/bridgeport-connecticut-bus-photo-gm-tdh-3714

The shuttles had very few passengers before they were discontinued in the late-1970s.
http://metro.wikia.com/wiki/Bridgeport_Auto_Transit_Company
Don.....
 
Re: Today's finds pale in comparison to the beautiful finds I see posted by others..

Mackaydon said:
Great little piece of history in that token; congrats!
In 1922, the 20 jitney operators who worked the Barnum Ave and State Street Lines in Bridgeport organized (to provide better scheduling for their bus passengers) into the Bridgeport Auto Transport Company (Route “B”—your token). Other Bridgeport bus operators also combined at the same time to create Route “C” and “D” companies.

Source: (page 256, lower right of page)
http://books.google.com/books?id=HF...ult&ct=result&resnum=6&sqi=2&ved=0CF8Q6AEwBQ#

The line was still running in late ’75 as can be seen here:
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/bridgeport-connecticut-bus-photo-gm-tdh-3714

The shuttles had very few passengers before they were discontinued in the late-1970s.
http://metro.wikia.com/wiki/Bridgeport_Auto_Transit_Company
Don.....

Don , thank you so much for finding and posting this information...very interesting to me; I thought the "B" represented Bridgeport ;I now know better. :sign13:

Lorraine
 
Re: Today's finds pale in comparison to the beautiful finds I see posted by others..

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: You GO Girl! :headbang: :hello2:
 
Re: Today's finds pale in comparison to the beautiful finds I see posted by others..

thats a great day in my book Lorraine, loved the coins and goodies..am dying to beach hunt, but can't yet.
 
Re: Today's finds pale in comparison to the beautiful finds I see posted by others..

nice oldies there Lorraine! congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom