Boxtopp
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jul 11, 2004
- Messages
- 57
- Reaction score
- 24
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Lake county Ca
- Detector(s) used
- Se mxt tiger shark
Upvote
0
No, i haven't explored borax lake yet. Ever thing i posted is in my front yard, literally my front yard. I was going to go do little bass fishing in my little pond and got side tracked as i just about tripped over those points. But,,, I do plan on it trust meVery cool Eric,that appears to be some Borax Lake Gray?I grabbed a piece of the Davis Creek yesterday from the Ranch....I need to take some pics of it.Folks dont realize on here that it only comes from two places that I know of.....Borax Lake(by you)and Davis Creek.That does appear to be a fragment of a pestle.I was told.....and given the fact I have found "piles",of those...and none fit together....that when a pestle would break,they would use the fragments as heating rocks.They would put those rocks in the fire/coals,then with a forked stick would put them in a basket of acorn mush,or cattail tuber mush etc,and stir....thats how they cooked in baskets
I would love to find a whole roller pestle.![]()

TN,if you havent....skin a deer with it...if you need some I will send ya some.When I arrowed my buffalo,i got sick of trying to keep a metal knife sharp skinning,so I knapped an obsidian blade real quick....skinned the whole buff and a couple deer with that same blade.Since I dont know that I have skinned an elk,deer or pig with anything other than a obsidian blade?



Eric,these pieces came from Bodega Bay area.There is obsidian near Sonoma,but note the gray....that guaranteed is from Borax Lake.Also,serration is quite common on Western pieces,but your piece only being serrated on one side brought to mind these rare pieces shown here(also from Bodega Bay,I beleive)View attachment 767616View attachment 767617

hard to see in that pic....are you positive thats obsidian?It almost looks as if somebody recently knocked a blank off of that![]()

Oh,yes it is!!!Very nice,and cool!!!Its every where huh?Thanks for posting that Eric!!!