Todays quick hunt yeilds two more spanish silvers and other goodies!! On a roll!

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's quick hunt yeilds two more spanish silvers and other goodies!! On a roll!

Well the summer of silver has continued as a quick trip out this morning turned up some more colonial spanish silver coins.

In one particular area I dug a pile of early flashing made of lead. This site has produced numerous pieces of this of both lead and copper/brass and always with square nail holes. I believe I have uncovered a small wreck of some sort and with each trip I believe it to be more and more true.

Anyways it was a very snake filled day today - they were EVERYWHERE!! floating by, swimming along, just enjoying the day as was I. I managed to dig a few more musketballs and lead shot of various calibers along with a few flat buttons. One of my favorite finds was the S Cook marked inner workings (tang) to a shoe buckle.

I have found a good amount of these lead pieces with designs...I suspect they are from window pains (lead framed) though am open to other suggestions.

My first target of the day was the cut pistareen and one of my last was the 1816 1/2 reale (cleaned up nicely). This makes 15 or 16 silver coins from the summer and I have not been able to venture out as much as I usually do.

HH

Dan

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 213
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    639 KB · Views: 228
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    647.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    468.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 1e.JPG
    1e.JPG
    541.4 KB · Views: 182
  • 1f.JPG
    1f.JPG
    469.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 1g.JPG
    1g.JPG
    636.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 1h.JPG
    1h.JPG
    567.2 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 21
OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, your having a very good...great year. 16 spanish so far is quite amazing.
My last year was like that every place I went was good, this year is nothing like that.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on two Spanish silvers in one day. I dream of finding just one in a lifetime. GL&HH!

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Awesome recoveries Dan. You have had a productive water season to say the least. Keep it up.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look like the buttons were popping, but the silver sure was. Nice chape too.

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on all the old silver! Haven't got one this year, yet lol! What a awesome site to hunt! I need to get a water detector since I'm surrounded by water. HH! Can't wait to se what you get from there next, maybe a nice 1600s pistol to go with the lead.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds, your having a very good...great year. 16 spanish so far is quite amazing.
My last year was like that every place I went was good, this year is nothing like that.

Rick - the 16 Dan has dug from the water have all been recovered since the end of our field season in May. He dug quite a few more at our land sites between Jan and May. Not sure what his 2014 total is, but it must be at least 25. And we still have the fall season coming not too far down the road. We have a good shot of digging 50 colonial silvers between us by the end of the year.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Dan on the Spanish silver, you are sure having a productive summer. I really like the buckle piece with the makers mark, great relic. I would like to hear more about your wreck site, and see some pix. The wreck I got my Slipware plate and free blown mallet from was a very small wreck that is pushed up nearly on shore, most people would have passed it up as having nothing on it but we have got some really nice pieces of it.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread