TwistedT
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Nov 15, 2014
- Messages
- 76
- Reaction score
- 86
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Westmoreland County, PA
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F2,
Fisher F5,
Garrett ATP
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Decided since the weather was nice to do a quick woods hunter after dinner tonight. Boy am I glad I went!!
Since I only had a limited amount of time to detect decided to go to my "colonial site" and detect around the edges of where I normally detect. Wasn't finding anything so as I am walking around the ATP rings out a solid 60-62. Started to dig and cant find anything but dirt and stones!!! Check the hole - nothing!!!! no hit!!! Do a quick scan of the dirt I pulled out of the plug and the ATP hits a solid 60! Do a quick look, nothing. Hit it with the pointer - pointer goes off. I see nothing but dirt and stones. Then the pinpointer hits on a "stone" - look at it and can see something metallic - so in the pouch it goes.
As you can see in the picture it is about 1/2" x 1/2" and kind of heavy. Think it may be a solid piece of lead, though at first I though it was a chunk of gold - will check it out to be sure Its silvery looking so I doubt gold
Couple minutes later hit at solid 50 and about 3" down find a small flat button. I have pulled a lot of buttons from this area and I love to see them come out of the hole.
I then decided to try something my buddy Serial Digger said to try - I turned the ATP to Pro Zero. I usually run it on Pro Custom with disc set at about 20.
A little while later I find the lead round ball - its about a .32 or .36 caliber. It was about 7" down.
As I always before I leave the woods, I hit the main area of the "colonial site"
There is a ton of iron in this area and its a pain to detect!!! But i give it a shot.
As I am swinging I hear the iron grunt but it had a nice high tone mixed with it.
I said what the heck and cut a plug. About 7" down my pinpointer hits on something. As I sort thru the dirt I see something that looks like a ring! I pull it out and its not a ring but the tongue of a colonial shoe buckle!!!!!!
I am saying a shoe buckle because it is rather large - about 1-1/2" long.
Man what a hunt!!! Sure glad I went out detecting tonight!!!
GL n HH all!!!!


Decided since the weather was nice to do a quick woods hunter after dinner tonight. Boy am I glad I went!!
Since I only had a limited amount of time to detect decided to go to my "colonial site" and detect around the edges of where I normally detect. Wasn't finding anything so as I am walking around the ATP rings out a solid 60-62. Started to dig and cant find anything but dirt and stones!!! Check the hole - nothing!!!! no hit!!! Do a quick scan of the dirt I pulled out of the plug and the ATP hits a solid 60! Do a quick look, nothing. Hit it with the pointer - pointer goes off. I see nothing but dirt and stones. Then the pinpointer hits on a "stone" - look at it and can see something metallic - so in the pouch it goes.
As you can see in the picture it is about 1/2" x 1/2" and kind of heavy. Think it may be a solid piece of lead, though at first I though it was a chunk of gold - will check it out to be sure Its silvery looking so I doubt gold
Couple minutes later hit at solid 50 and about 3" down find a small flat button. I have pulled a lot of buttons from this area and I love to see them come out of the hole.
I then decided to try something my buddy Serial Digger said to try - I turned the ATP to Pro Zero. I usually run it on Pro Custom with disc set at about 20.
A little while later I find the lead round ball - its about a .32 or .36 caliber. It was about 7" down.
As I always before I leave the woods, I hit the main area of the "colonial site"
There is a ton of iron in this area and its a pain to detect!!! But i give it a shot.
As I am swinging I hear the iron grunt but it had a nice high tone mixed with it.
I said what the heck and cut a plug. About 7" down my pinpointer hits on something. As I sort thru the dirt I see something that looks like a ring! I pull it out and its not a ring but the tongue of a colonial shoe buckle!!!!!!
I am saying a shoe buckle because it is rather large - about 1-1/2" long.
Man what a hunt!!! Sure glad I went out detecting tonight!!!
GL n HH all!!!!


Upvote
6







