What's new

Todays

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to go out and look some. Work has been very demanding lately but not today, ha. Went to 4 places and this was the best of the day. The large triangle piece any ideas on it? Its kind of thick 2.25 inches long and has edge work on all sides. Its flint, Id like to hear some opinions on it. Everything was field finds all the creeks are full with the rain. Very hot by the way Im sure everybody knows if you walk a field.
 

Attachments

  • SDC12381.webp
    SDC12381.webp
    788.6 KB · Views: 130
  • SDC12384.webp
    SDC12384.webp
    295.1 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
Awesome finds Rock! The triangle piece looks like a large scraper.
 
Awesome finds Rock! The triangle piece looks like a large scraper.

Even the small grey one is a hafted scraper. I guess it was a tool day. Lots of broken points but none whole. Maybe next time a point will pop out. Thanks
 
Great finds Rock Slayer:laughing7: the large piece looks to be a preform to me because there has been to much work done on it, just for a tool JMO.
 
Even the small grey one is a hafted scraper. I guess it was a tool day. Lots of broken points but none whole. Maybe next time a point will pop out. Thanks

The small hafted scraper is really nice too! I Wonder what that jet black piece above would of looked like intact.
 
The small hafted scraper is really nice too! I Wonder what that jet black piece above would of looked like intact.

Im guessing it was a point at one time. At the break on 1 side it shows some chipping for repair and then Im guessing it was used as a crude drill with the tip. Reworked for something. I find so many scrapers in that field well fields that is. More scrapers than anything else but Im going back again my next day off maybe a point will surface. The oldest point so far has been Adena.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4245.webp
    100_4245.webp
    232.4 KB · Views: 57
Looks like that field has a lot to offer, those are all great finds and tools are cool. I think you will find some nice points there too eventually.
 
Looks like that field has a lot to offer, those are all great finds and tools are cool. I think you will find some nice points there too eventually.

Hope so I call it scraper hill ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom