What's new

Tombac Button. This is gonna be tough to ID

Whydah

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,917
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, I was off early this morning in the freezing weather, but was determined to find something good today.Went to an old haunt ( Battle Field Area ) went to the beach at the bottom of the hill and recovered a few things nothing realk good to mention. 27 degrees with out the windchill so I wasn't able to stay very long. I did manage an old dress weight and a couple wheaties. 3 quarters and a couple nickels. I also SAVED this Tombac Button. Please help me ID this one. I took a few pics hoping this helps. Maybe clean it up a bit may help. At times it looks like it has a G on it off to the side,also may have the number 11 ( regiment ) ? also looks like it may have a reath around the outside. My eyes are not what they used to be. Please help. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • tomback button (6).webp
    tomback button (6).webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 308
  • tomback button (22).webp
    tomback button (22).webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 355
  • tomback button (19).webp
    tomback button (19).webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 333
  • tomback button (17).webp
    tomback button (17).webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 307
  • tomback button (11).webp
    tomback button (11).webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 330
  • tomback button (8).webp
    tomback button (8).webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 332
  • tomback button (7).webp
    tomback button (7).webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 325
  • tomback button (22).webp
    tomback button (22).webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 304
  • tomback button (19).webp
    tomback button (19).webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 335
  • tomback button (17).webp
    tomback button (17).webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 314
  • tomback button (11).webp
    tomback button (11).webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 330
  • tomback button (8).webp
    tomback button (8).webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 310
  • tomback button (7).webp
    tomback button (7).webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 311
  • tomback button (6).webp
    tomback button (6).webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0
First pic, looks like a horse and rider facing to the left side, but he is as big as the horse, and so is his nose. ;D Usually designed tombacs are in fact that design, or animals.

Are you 100% sure it's tombac?
 
Iron Patch said:
First pic, looks like a horse and rider facing to the left side, but he is as big as the horse, and so is his nose. ;D Usually designed tombacs are in fact that design, or animals.

Are you 100% sure it's t
Not to sure ! wish I could make out a little more. Cleaning suggestions?
 
Looks like a brass Script Artillery to me. :dontknow:
 
BuckleBoy said:
Looks like a brass Script Artillery to me. :dontknow:
Do you have a picture of something that may resemble it?
I have checked through my Alberts and my American Uniform books but nothing. althouth there is an Artillery button that may look close? not sure
 
BuckleBoy said:
Looks like a brass Script Artillery to me. :dontknow:

That's exactly what I was thinking seeing the curly twist, and why I asked if he was sure it was tombac.
 
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Looks like a brass Script Artillery to me. :dontknow:

That's exactly what I was thinking seeing the curly twist, and why I asked if he was sure it was tombac.
ANY Script Artillery pictures ? ?
 
Whydah said:
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Looks like a brass Script Artillery to me. :dontknow:

That's exactly what I was thinking seeing the curly twist, and why I asked if he was sure it was tombac.
ANY Script Artillery pictures ? ?


Here's one, and your button kinda does look like a script button. See if you can match it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1804.webp
    IMG_1804.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 290
Iron Patch said:
Whydah said:
Iron Patch said:
BuckleBoy said:
Looks like a brass Script Artillery to me. :dontknow:

That's exactly what I was thinking seeing the curly twist, and why I asked if he was sure it was tombac.
ANY Script Artillery pictures ? ?


Here's one, and your button kinda does look like a script button. See if you can match it.
Ahhhh thanks for the help. I have IDeed it by looking at counless pictures. It is a 3rd Reg Artillery button. Has an eagle on it the letter G for the end of the REG and the barrel end of a cannon... Thanks for the help I will post a picture
 
The button that I found looks just like this but not sure what REG # for sure could be a 1 or a 3
Scroll down to my very first picture you will see the barrel of the cannon to the right the top left of the wing of the eagle and the letter G to the bottom rt area. Thanks for all the help with this. Happy Hunting
 

Attachments

  • 3rd reg button.webp
    3rd reg button.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 389

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom