What's new

Tommy hawk

wkrp43

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2013
Messages
814
Reaction score
670
Golden Thread
0
Location
western NC
Detector(s) used
F2...BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandpa found this in south central Virginia abt 1940. It is now in my dads possession.

ForumRunner_20130809_211743.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice Full Groove ax! Good that it has stayed in the family.
 
Nice but I believe it is a ax head but still a nice one.
 
I think that is a raised ridge, but the ridge has worn down over time. South central VA. Sounds close to me. I'm on the VA. Line in NC. I border Danville and South Boston VA. The poll of your axe is unique, but the bit is just like one I found about 5 or so miles this side of VA. Odd how axes vary from region to region.

image-3974832828.webp
 
That is one cool artifact , a rare find in outstanding condition .. cheers Mick
 
Quality find. Ground stone tools like that stand out in any collection and finding one is always a career highlight.
 
That is a nice axe! Glad it stayed in the family. Those are hard to find now days.
 
Congratulations. I always chuckle when I hear Tommy Hawk. I know old farmers that call them that. That is a nice heirloom.
 
Thanx guys. Just joined tnet in late May I think it was. I was at dads house and thought I would take a pic and post it. Having fun on here reading and learning....
 
Thanx guys. Just joined tnet in late May I think it was. I was at dads house and thought I would take a pic and post it. Having fun on here reading and learning....



hey welcome
on behalf of the tnet we give thanks for getting a look at the great eye candy that you have kept in your family

i am liking that axe in a big way
larson1951
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom