Too Hot to Dig...

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Oddrock, what I am seeing is a shared symbol buy the natives and the Jesuit. The Cross of Lorraine (French: Croix de Lorraine) is originally a heraldic cross. The two-barred cross consists of a vertical line crossed by two smaller horizontal bars. In the ancient version, both bars were of the same length. In 20th century use it is "graded" with the upper bar being the shorter. The Lorraine name has come to signify several cross variations, including the patriarchal cross with its bars near the top. The natives called it the Dragonfly. This is very old stuff, 800 A.D. It is suggested the Templars escaped to a secret land, or a King claimed America first. Some believe the Lewis and Clark expedition found evidence of Property Markers that would have stopped out advance towards the west coast. Un fortunately there have been many forgerys dating from the 1800's that have cast a cloud of doubt on any new finds.

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
That's a nice looking Mayan-looking-face shadow. If you'd found a petroglyph centered on the pointy nose-tip, you'd have something to shout about.

Hmmm..so sdc the only shout about shadow sign has to b on a pecked "happy man"???

Oddrock

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Billy

Thanks for the input...signs r there.

Oddrock

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Brent

Think i got u a good pic or ur King w/o shadows

Oddrock

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
SS/Bill

i dont think it matters if its a turtle/or snake head...its a red colored rock (only one n pic) pointing at the circled cross.

Oddrock

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Hi Oddrock, what I am seeing is a shared symbol buy the natives and the Jesuit. The Cross of Lorraine (French: Croix de Lorraine) is originally a heraldic cross. The two-barred cross consists of a vertical line crossed by two smaller horizontal bars. In the ancient version, both bars were of the same length. In 20th century use it is "graded" with the upper bar being the shorter. The Lorraine name has come to signify several cross variations, including the patriarchal cross with its bars near the top. The natives called it the Dragonfly. This is very old stuff, 800 A.D. It is suggested the Templars escaped to a secret land, or a King claimed America first. Some believe the Lewis and Clark expedition found evidence of Property Markers that would have stopped out advance towards the west coast. Un fortunately there have been many forgerys dating from the 1800's that have cast a cloud of doubt on any new finds.

Casca

You are invited to share any info of such on this thread. I may add to it with personal beliefs?

Oddrock

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

I see you watched the recent Scott Wolter TV episode re the Tucson Silverbell Road artifacts. Don't get too carried away Casca - those crosses were formed by perpendicular stress fracturing.

If you wanted to leave a double cross sign disguised as a 'native petroglyph', you might use one like the following. Notice the human footprint nearby?

Dragonfly and foot.JPG

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Hmmm..so sdc the only shout about shadow sign has to b on a pecked "happy man"???

Oddrock

No, but it sure would help, don't you think? I found a beautiful rock outcropping once that looked like Richard Nixon in profile. Should I have assumed the Republican hierarchy cached gold nearby in the 1970's, or should I have said, "Hmmm. A rock that looks like Richard Nixon."?

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
No, but it sure would help, don't you think? I found a beautiful rock outcropping once that looked like Richard Nixon in profile. Should I have assumed the Republican hierarchy cached gold nearby in the 1970's, or should I have said, "Hmmm. A rock that looks like Richard Nixon."?

Springfield,

I would go with "Hmmm, A rock that looks like Richard Nixon."
I did enjoy your story. I agree with you on the Hare. I agree with you more than you will ever know.(if you had posted the whole panel with your "kneeler", I might not have taken the bait.)
I disagree with the idea that "they" should have left a pecked symbol in an area without others.
I believe you probably got the point of "Weaver's" needle.
When "evidence is not proof", then what is the use?

Oddrock

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Desertmoons,

Back from my latest field trip. Had to cut it short because of snowstorm. (Favorite time of the year for viewing) Was going to try for a pic of a ship...did not work out. Some ladies like cats. For you, a shadow, "El Gato".

Oddrock

Attachments

• kings trail 039 (640x480).jpg
    kings trail 039 (640x480).jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Had,

This Bud's for you.

Oddrock

Attachments

• kings trail 044 (640x480).jpg
    kings trail 044 (640x480).jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Hi Casca

One for you too.

Oddrock

Attachments

• kings trail 060 (480x640).jpg
    kings trail 060 (480x640).jpg
    149 KB · Views: 104

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Springfield,

... When "evidence is not proof", then what is the use?

Oddrock

You either want the truth or not. It's seldom available, but you can keep trying. I saw an interesting headstone once during my formative years in Iowa that said, "Everything you believe is a lie."

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
You either want the truth or not. It's seldom available, but you can keep trying. I saw an interesting headstone once during my formative years in Iowa that said, "Everything you believe is a lie."
:thumbsup:
They say: "The Truth Hurts"
I believe I paid too much for the "confidential".
I just saw an interesting headstone: "Here Lies ----------/He was a Legend in His Own Mind":laughing7:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
:thumbsup:
They say: "The Truth Hurts"
I believe I paid too much for the "confidential".
I just saw an interesting headstone: "Here Lies ----------/He was a Legend in His Own Mind":laughing7:

It might sting if it contradicted your 'proven beliefs'.

Maybe you didn't pay enough. If you feel you got gypped, you should ask for your money back!

Last edited:
OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Springfield,

Lighten up o enlightend one...hmm I agree with most you say....#657 was an attempt of humor....guess you did not see the thumbs up or the laughing sign...? No, I do not ask for my $ back, only a play of words...may my God Bless You!

Oddrock

Last edited:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Springfield,

Lighten up o enlightend one...hmm I agree with most you say....#657 was an attempt of humor....guess you did not see the thumbs up or the laughing sign...? I do not care to debate any matters with you...so I yield the floor to you the Master/debater...No, I do not ask for my $ back, only a play of words...may my God Bless You!

Oddrock

Don't worry, rock - I don't take any of it too seriously. And thanks for your god's blessing. I hope he's got pull - I can use all the help I can get.

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Springfield:coffee2:

My God can still be yours.
IHS
Odd...rock

Last edited: