too wet to too hot

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is it just me,but it seem like the last couple of years it goes from too wet ,straight to too hot ,than back to too wet.or is it just me getting old.looks like the mornings are getting cooler,i mite just out for a few hours soon.
brad

It's all about being motivated.

Just remember those nuggets have been out there waiting millions of years to be found. They wont find themselves, you have to go get em'
Never too hot or too wet or too cold or too far to find a big ol' nugget or pay streak!

1l9moo.jpg

Go for the Gold :3barsgold:
GG~

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aint that the truth, last few years the Mojave desert gets way more rain than usual making drywashing (in winter and spring )too much hastle. Then just as it starts drying out in mid summer, 110+ degrees day after day.

October til about mid November I call the "drywasher happy time" as dirts all dried out, temps are pleasant and most pacific storms still a month or so out.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In need of pantyhose

1637 is right, seems happy time for drywashing is getting shorter and shorter.

I have been out many times this year in the 110 degree oven and you really have to pace yourself at my age (70+)
Even with plenty of hydration and a portable canopy I'm only good for a half day or so depending on the gold.

Detecting for nuggets when it's too wet to drywash is a welcome change of pace for me, but right now I'm in the process of gearing up to run a recirculating washplant and am exploring different ways of keeping the water usable for as long as possible.

Here is a video of one way I've found, but have not tried yet, by building a sand filter.....................

Up to now I have been using pantyhose connected to the drain tubes to filter the water between tubs and replacing them every 15 - 30 min. or so once they fill up with sludge.
Have gone through all my wife's hose and now find myself in need of a new supplier :tongue3:

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
so this is my water machine.the tray is on a crank so it moves back and fouth about 2 1/2 inches.i use a spray bar and off set bar on motor. most of the mud strays in the bucket,the tub has 3 compartments. i loose alot of water when you dump the mud.ive used it at home with a garden hose with 100% lost and it moves more dirt than my dry washer.so sometimes i bring some wet dirt home and use it.it converse back it to a dry washer in about 15min.maybe it would be a badass hibanker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread