What's new

Took my camera today

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And of course didn't find much worth posting. But anyway here some creek shots and a field find. Saw a deer so it wasn't a total loss and it was quiet which is always good. Hope others are doing well, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC10637.webp
    SDC10637.webp
    740.4 KB · Views: 102
  • SDC10638.webp
    SDC10638.webp
    870.9 KB · Views: 111
  • SDC10648.webp
    SDC10648.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
  • SDC10643.webp
    SDC10643.webp
    584 KB · Views: 116
  • SDC10644.webp
    SDC10644.webp
    371.8 KB · Views: 116
  • SDC10642.webp
    SDC10642.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • SDC10630.webp
    SDC10630.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
Upvote 0
It's good to see what your creeks look like.
 
I spent half the day looking for new camp sites for future hunts if they ever plow again. Found 4 new spots
 
Thanks for sharing. It looks a lot like the creeks around here. It is always nice to get out, see nature and enjoy the quiet. :)
 
Thanks for sharing. It looks a lot like the creeks around here. It is always nice to get out, see nature and enjoy the quiet. :)

The most important part of the day was scouting for future sites. If you keep going to the same place for a long time you can actually clean it out quick. Future camp sites is a must to look for. Found hammer stones and debitage. Just have to wait for the plowing. Thanks Eric
 
Good looking creek to hunt in. Looks like it can get quite high at times.
 
Oh yeah, I meant to mention congrats on finding the new sites. That has got to be pretty exciting. Not only because it may lead to new finds but also to marvel at what it may have been like in that area way back when.
 
Looks like a good place to hunt. Every time it rains its like a new spot. Wish the creeks around here were like that.
 
Hey, that looks a lot like my creek...only green...and with water in it....and a lot less cactus! lol One thing I hate about these creeks in the South West is that most of them are dry year round, which means that it takes a VERY long time for anything of interest to get washed up.
 
Good looking creek to hunt in. Looks like it can get quite high at times.

yes the water does get high I call that mother nature art. the log is 4 ft off the current creek level.
 
Looks like a good place to hunt. Every time it rains its like a new spot. Wish the creeks around here were like that.

The big gravel bar with the stone pipe is actually a new gravel bar. I was really hoping to find something good on it but just wasn't there this time. We have gotten almost 4 inches of rain since yesterday so maybe next time. Its rite after a steep bend in the creek.
 
Oh yeah, I meant to mention congrats on finding the new sites. That has got to be pretty exciting. Not only because it may lead to new finds but also to marvel at what it may have been like in that area way back when.

Every single new site I found was on top of a hill
 
I see the Tiger butterfly on the Blue Heron poop. I like your creek. Good pair of water shoes and you can cruise for miles.
 
I see the Tiger butterfly on the Blue Heron poop. I like your creek. Good pair of water shoes and you can cruise for miles.

For some reason the butterflies like that stuff. I had other pics of the creek but for some reason they didn't show on my camera. Maybe next time. If the water is higher I take my yak in there.
 
For some reason the butterflies like that stuff. I had other pics of the creek but for some reason they didn't show on my camera. Maybe next time. If the water is higher I take my yak in there.

We are under flood watch. Not even safe with a kayak. I am metal detecting Sunday on a farm beside a Battlefield I reckon.
 
We are under flood watch. Not even safe with a kayak. I am metal detecting Sunday on a farm beside a Battlefield I reckon.

Hope you find a nice buckle or sword. I wish it would come all at once here so the creek would flood over the banks.
 
Be safe out there rock!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom