Took the new V3i out during lunch today for its very first run.

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took the new V3i out during lunch today for it's very first run.

Got to spend about 30 minutes detecting during lunch today at the local park. This was my very first time out with the V3i that was delivered yesterday. Had to turn rx gain down a little because of all the chatter but did manage to have a pretty good start.
Broke the ring curse the very first signal, that has to be a good sign, :laughing7:

Found 52 cents in clad and a few pieces of scrap. Too bad the ring isn't gold but I'll take it.

Attachments

• ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 126
  • mdlunch.jpg
    mdlunch.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0

milk86

Jun 6, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
not bad for a start.

Took me over a year to get my first bit of jewerly. real or not

I would take that ring looks pretty sharp.

Congrats

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
off to a good start Mrtim, the V3i settings are hot right out of the box

calihunter1958

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2011
Been using the V3 from more then two years...My serial number is one of the first 500hundred made......just remember, that if you adjust it so it is acting crazy you can always clear the settings back to factory and start again....I have found V-nickles at 6 to 8 in. knowing what I was pulling was most likely a nickle....And it works great on gold chains......Pay attention to the V.D.I. numbers coming up on signals as each of thr 3 primary freq. will give you a number that relates to how that freq. sees it...on yours the polar plot is a sweet addition....Have fun, it has a long learning curve:coffee2:

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neat finds with a cool detector....HH

OP
OP
mrtim

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a V3 once already but had to sell it, missed it and had to have another. Been detecting since '85 and the machines just keep getting better and better. They have certainly improved since my very first one, a Coinmaster 6DB. It feels good to be able to get back out detecting now that my health issues have been resolved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread