Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After almost 10 years with the SE Pro I got a great deal on a Nox 800 and picked it up yesterday. I'm sure it will be a big learning curve but I'm so excited. Still trying to get my head around the concept of wireless headphones (see what I did there?), no AA batteries, charging with a USB, etc. Can you even use traditional headphones with this? Lots to learn. I apologize in advance for all the Nox 800 questions in the coming months!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to apologize as there will be others, myself included, reading Nox answers. Recently got a 600 and yes, the USB charging is easy. Yes to the headphones. The Minelab wireless were the most comfortable headphones I've ever used. But in this hot weather, ear buds would be nice. There are several threads about using APTX-LL buds and the Soundpeats Q12 or Q12+ are recommended - BUT they appear to have been replaced with models that are APTX-HD, so maybe someone will suggest a model that is currently available. I grew up in SE MA, and know the temps there have been similar to ours here.

Just read a Bankrate article ranking MA as the 5th best state for retirement and I doubt they even considered the higher probability of finding pine tree coins. For the second year in a row, Maryland finished dead last.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
From the SE to the 800 -nice jump.
I know from going down the rabbit hole of the models between-the headphones were the worse fitting (for my numb skull) So the Grey Ghosts were the choice.

Can't imagine the tones and sounds would be too different though-then again I went Deus because the 800 wasn't out yet and I was tired of the weight/warranty work of the ML.

Let us know when you take it over some hard hit site of yours-to see if really tweets out more recoveries.

Might just sell off the stable and get one just to have that option also-sitting on the fence.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread