What's new

Tornado

Oregon Viking

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
19,768
Reaction score
86,727
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tune in to the weather channel to watch "Prospectors" for the first time, And all hell is breaking loose in the Midwest & South. I hope you guys are all right! Step away from the detectors and stay safe.
 
All the seasons seem to be on steroids !
 
were are in for some storms today in middle tn called school off two hours early,wish i didnt know that some deserts were tropical rainforests at one time.
 
Rained like hell here for about 5-7 hours (Middle TN. Centerville). Got a break in rain and took off for beer run (5 mile drive). Driving off my ridge top it looked like a river flowing down from the runoff. Got to Hwy. 50 and headed to town. Got to bottom of ridge area and it flatten out on highway. Was going 55mph with open road ahead. About 200 yds. ahead on this flat road a semi was flashing its lights at me. I didn't see NOTHNG. Suddenly... I SEE. There was about 4-6 inches of water across road for about 30 yds. on my side of road. I had about 25-30 yds. to gear down. I braked HARD then took break off before I hit this water with my front wheel drive and the back end started to drift to the CENTER LINE while passing the semi. We never touched... but it was a matter of inches with the semi's rear tires. When I came home a few minutes later the water was almost gone.... close call...!!!!
 
Our thoughts and prayers go to those effected by the tornados.

BC1969-make sure it drains well, you don't want an instant swimming pool while sheltering from a tornado! Maybe have a snorkel on hand!
 
Last edited:
We are under the gun right now! Where I'm at, we have been lucky so far. About 45 min. away, just above us, they are getting hammered with large hail heavy rain, and multiple tornado warnings. It's def heading our way. Our thoughts and prayers for the good folks that have already been affected by this mess. Every one in the path of this crap, please stay safe!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom