totals so far for 2012

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i guess this isnt to bad considering i am a fairly low volume CRH. My normal routine is 2k in halves every other week and normally not from the same bank. I also would say i do about 3-6 boxes of dime every other week. I like to search one week then dump another. I think this keeps me under the radar of the tellers a little better. here are my results.

dimes

FDR-56
merc-7
barber-2
canadian-1

halves

walkers-3
bens-4
1964-16
40%-112

war nickels-9

peace dollar-1 (teller tray score)

also have about half dozen clad half dollar proofs.

i will be slowing down a bit now that summer is here but i think when fall rolls around im going to start doing every week orders for a while. HH

Upvote 0
Nice collection so far for the year! I see that you have 9 war nickels. How often are you looking through boxes of nickels to come up with that amount?

the war nickles i got in CWR. A teller that i know told me a person dropped off what looked like old coin rolls so i bought all of them. Was 3 rolls of dimes, 2 rolls of quarters, 1 roll of nickles. Not one silver dime, not 1 silver quarter, but 9 war nickels in the 1 roll. I have never bought a box of nickles and searched them. Thought those results were strange but the more i coin roll hunt the more i realize this hobby can really throw some curve balls at you.

Exactly, you never really know what you are going to get each week. Amazing to get all 9 War Nickels in a single roll! I search a box of nickels (up here in Canada) and I am still hoping that I can score my first one.

nice finds, hope your pace continues this year, you'll have a real nice pile come december!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back