What's new

Toy car finds!

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
1,375
Reaction score
57
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to see posts on all the toy car finds. Wonder who has found one of those rare ones.
 
I have found MANY! They usually come in bunches.... then dry spells.... then more bunches. TTC
 
bluehunter1973 said:
Love to see posts on all the toy car finds. Wonder who has found one of those rare ones.

I have quite a few that I've dug. The ones I really like are the tootsie toys from the 1930's to the 1950's. Most from that period are 5 to 6 inches long. The newer ones from 60's to today are of the 1 inch variety. I'll try and post some pics tonight of the nicer ones that I've dug.
 
Here is a sample of some of my older toy cars. Most are tootsie toy cars from the 1930's to 1950's. Most of the time
you dig one of these it is damaged and missing pieces. Sometimes you get lucky and dig one that's complete and whole!
 

Attachments

  • Cars 001.webp
    Cars 001.webp
    30 KB · Views: 340
  • Cars 004.webp
    Cars 004.webp
    48.6 KB · Views: 342
  • Cars 003.webp
    Cars 003.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 346
  • Cars 012.webp
    Cars 012.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 587
  • Cars 011.webp
    Cars 011.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 538
  • Cars 010.webp
    Cars 010.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 374
  • Cars 009.webp
    Cars 009.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 378
  • Cars 006.webp
    Cars 006.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 349
  • Cars 005.webp
    Cars 005.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 349
  • Cars 013.webp
    Cars 013.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 622
thats a great little collection though. I like finding the unique pieces. Even if their ultra rare and you have one thats in bad condition you still have one. And it has character.
 
my Tootsietoy roadster
I love this little car found under a huge old oak tree here in Overland Park Kansas. The wheels and axels are still there and it rolls
Snapshot_20120129.jpg
 
My favorite... given away many years ago, was a John Deer tractor. TTC
 
I had a few older hotwheels nothing special my best was a complete hubley die cast airplane.
 
armadillo66 said:
my Tootsietoy roadster
I love this little car found under a huge old oak tree here in Overland Park Kansas. The wheels and axels are still there and it rolls
Snapshot_20120129.jpg

I found that exact same car a couple of weeks ago but yours is nicer. So it's a TootsieToy? Never thought I'd see another one posted here, especially not this soon.

Chuck
 
They can bring back some memories.

I knew my Tootsie Roadster wasn't rare, but 3 on the same website. Guess we just had Good Taste or Good Luck in finding them. :thumbsup:

Ford must have been a popular model as my convertible is a Ford also.
100_1389.webp​
100_1393.webp
 
I have ALOT of toy cars... I'll dig them all out and take a picture of them in the next few days.


Chukers
 
Got some, I only found one really old one. Never see the real old ones on Tnet much.. ???
 

Attachments

  • DSC06198.webp
    DSC06198.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC03.webp
    DSC03.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 392
  • DSC06197.webp
    DSC06197.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 388
  • DSC06196.webp
    DSC06196.webp
    59 KB · Views: 371
  • DSC06195.webp
    DSC06195.webp
    64.9 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC06198.webp
    DSC06198.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 378
  • DSC03.webp
    DSC03.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 387
  • DSC06197.webp
    DSC06197.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 375
  • DSC06196.webp
    DSC06196.webp
    59 KB · Views: 346
  • DSC06195.webp
    DSC06195.webp
    64.9 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC06189.webp
    DSC06189.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 258
This probably isnt rare or anything and its really the only toy car i've found so far, but I like it. Its matchbox series no.67 made in England, Volkswagen 1600 tl
 

Attachments

  • matchbox 2.webp
    matchbox 2.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 417
  • matchbox.webp
    matchbox.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 406
  • matchbox.webp
    matchbox.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 405
  • matchbox 2.webp
    matchbox 2.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 404
ole army deuce and 1/2
 

Attachments

  • ole wheels 001_crop.webp
    ole wheels 001_crop.webp
    98.4 KB · Views: 534
  • ole wheels 002_crop.webp
    ole wheels 002_crop.webp
    132.4 KB · Views: 595
  • ole wheels 002_crop.webp
    ole wheels 002_crop.webp
    132.4 KB · Views: 611
  • ole wheels 001_crop.webp
    ole wheels 001_crop.webp
    98.4 KB · Views: 521
Here is my car collection that I have found over the years... I wouldn't have a clue if any were of any value... they are just sitting in a bag waiting for something to do.

Chukers
 

Attachments

  • new cars.webp
    new cars.webp
    90.2 KB · Views: 231
  • broken cars.webp
    broken cars.webp
    77.2 KB · Views: 224
  • cars 2.webp
    cars 2.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 214
  • tank.webp
    tank.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 234
  • bikes.webp
    bikes.webp
    92 KB · Views: 262
  • plane 1.webp
    plane 1.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 435
  • plane 2.webp
    plane 2.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 496
  • old cars.webp
    old cars.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 574

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom