Mar 22, 2020
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
10" MAGNUM Coil
Garrett Ace APEX (COMING SOON!!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are some of your oldest and best finds using the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV?
I haven't been out much but I have some amazing mid-to-late 1800's houses i want to hit (Olmstead Co. Minnesota) and a Ghost Town or 2.???
I got it for a birthday seems a pretty solid machine, i can find a penny at like 6 inches in the worst soil possible...
What are your thoughts?

Upvote 3

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is a good detector, welcome to Tnet...Happy birthday.
Hope you have a ball at you new hobby .
Gary

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tracker IV is a good relic machine..true grab and go machine!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a Tracker IV for years and had all the available coils for it. 8" 10" 4"
Found many treasures, coins, rings, watches, buckles, Civil War artifacts, knives, guns, relics, etc. you name it, I found it. Not to mention mountains of trash :tongue3:

My advice for best results. Use headphones, hunt in all metal mode, dig all targets. Always re-check hole for other targets.
10" coil for larger targets down deeper.
4" coil for smaller targets nearer the surface also to use in tight spaces.

GG~

Last edited:

villival

Mar 18, 2013
Southern Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (Ophelia), Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
The Tracker IV was my first machine. I bought it off a kid who had gotten it for Christmas and he wanted the money to buy something else.

I had so much fun with that machine. I still have it as a backup. I had the worst pinpointer ever, to go along with it.

My favorite finds with that machine were my first (I've only ever found two that were recognizable) Indian Head Penny. I was so excited. I found many wheat pennies, a Waltham Railroad Pocket watch, a bar of 50% silver and I think lead, a beautiful and I believe old hand made copper and malachite bracelet, a cloisonne' letter opener and so many other cool things.

I always hunted in the all metal mode and I dug everything. Have fun!

OP
OP
E

EmeRgency7

Mar 22, 2020
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
10" MAGNUM Coil
Garrett Ace APEX (COMING SOON!!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always hunted in the all metal mode and I dug everything. Have fun!

Yeah I think it goes deeper but lots of nails... I like hunting with the tone mode at 12oclock but maybe ill give it a shot for that extra depth cuz I am worried I might not make it to that IH layer

nkellam22

Feb 9, 2019
Western Europe
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent my first few months detecting with my Bounty Hunter down in Australia before eventually upgrading to my AT Pro. Honestly, it's not the best machine in the world but for its price, it's great and very easy to use for a beginner. Here are a few photos of my finds. It's not everything, just the more notable ones and honestly, I can't remember exactly when I got my AT Pro so I went on the safe side and excluded a few finds that I wasn't 100% sure were from the Bounty Hunter.

IMG_4195.jpeg IMG_4196.jpeg
IMG_4200.jpeg

Thanks for looking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread