Treasure Clue, can you help?

salkns

Mar 5, 2005
Channahon Illinois
Bamacherf, I tried looking at the background color because it looks like that is what the Pickensroooter is really pointing at. Way too hard to try and differentiate. But what if he is pointing to a wooden background. What If we took the 7 red background blocks out and used the remaining 40? 40 ./. 2=20 letters to the location...turn the page upside down like the JXFGU in the top left corner of the page and it can then be read left to right, right to left, left to right and down the right side, right to left across the bottom and up the left side.
G=green 1
B=blue 2
R=red 3
Y=yellow 4
P=pink 5

BORDERS LETTERS

G,R R,P
P,B P,R
P,R B,G
Y,G B,R
G,R G,B
B,Y R,R
G,R B,R
G,R R,B
G,G G,R
R,G B,G
Y,P R,P
B,P R,G
Y,R B,R
G,P R,B
R,R R,R
Y,R B,P
G,R G,P
B,R G,G
R,G B,G
Y,P R,P

Or border then letter of the same block, or letter then border of the same block. I feel like I've tried it all... Maybe the blocks go in the order they are used to spell out the line of the poem...maybe only the "E" blocks... maybe only the blocks that have 3 sides being used... maybe only blocks where the border and letter are different colors since the same color border/letter blocks were used for the secondary clue... maybe...maybe...maybe...
MOVE OVER CAROL AND ERNIE!! MAKE ROOM IN THE CORNER!!!!!!!!!!! :)

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Actually it's kinda nice here . Now i know why i see Ernie here alot lately . Okay come on over , but many more and there's going to have to be a charge. He's harmless , just don't tell him that the things crawling around are really bugs , or i tell you i won't be able to control him.

T

Trapape

Good find Luckypony! It does look like it would be fun to order the book and see what we could figure out. If nothing else it would keep our minds sharp until the Booger hunt.

bamacherf

Mar 13, 2005
Alabama
Cegodsey, I was kidding about half dome. You said you had Yosemite Trl HD. I thought it was a coincidence because there is a trail you can take and walk to the top of half dome. I didn't know if you were familiar with it. Anywho, about the blue, try it without the 'X'. If you look at the border to the letter 'G' that may be the path to follow to solve the puzzle. It starts at the top middle, goes clockwise around and ends on the left side near the top. It would not include the 'X'. (It may not include the 'G' or 'R' also) Just a thought.

C

cegodsey

bama - Oh, OK. I'm in sync with you now. Good idea about the G-path. Hmm, maybe the border is made out of string, and it's a G-string. Wanna see my...oh, nevermind. Have you tried it yet? I will sometime...just not sure when.

bugs...BUGS! These are bugs? Carol, OH CAROL, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING? I like eating bugs. The only thing I'm really afraid of is someone stealing my red swingline stapler. MY stapler. MY precious.

C

cegodsey

OK bama, you started this, now finish it! Here are some interesting strings I got from your G-string. The second ones are from the A in treasure and the parallelogram - switching which came first.

EIDTYMINTK
VTPRASTURO
LABEGDACES
RABEGCADEN
HACEMDABER - HAKEMDABER
HTSUMPTRUB
SACBMEADBY
SACEMBADEI - SAKEMBADEI
NADETBACEH - NAPETBACEH
OTURZPTSRC
JSUTRASPTV
SECADGEBAL - SECADGEFAL
CUSTPGURTL
BURTPMUSTH - BURTPMUNTH
LEBACTEDAI - LEBACTEPAI
SBCADZBEAO
NEDACGEFAR
OBEACTBPAY
LAFEGDACES
IAPETCABEL
EIDTYMISTK

One that interested me was NADET and NAPET BECAH. Because to me, BECAH means BEACH. Yeah, I know that means anagramming, and we don't do that. But if you look at it, it could say Dante Beach, or At End Beach, or something else. Then there's SE CA DGEBAL. Or, South East California Dodge Ball. Somebody pleeze look at these to see if something jars your memory.

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Tracie , I think it may be fun too. Anyone else in for fun ?

Ernie the swingline , the red precious swingline , is safe with me . I'll make sure no one even looks at it . Okay ? We'll just all stay over here on our side of the corner and when you feel better you can join us . Whew !! I'll look at them . Give Peggy a holler she's pretty good with those letter bunches . Hey what's wrong with having to anagram ? Just becase it hasn't really been done before , but i see no one has figured this out , so maybe ......................

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
I believe I've found the name of a national park in WA state that could lead to Pook. That is as far as I've gotten - I haven't done any research on the park itself because I have absolutely no way to get there. I would love to share this with one of the regulars on this site, but none of you are in that area. If you know someone who could check it out, I am happy to share - you could decide for yourself if you think it is a good enough clue. Zuse

D

Dkos2

I have been trying to figure out so many different ways that the beetle can be solved i think my head is goin to explode i think i have a couple good methods and im still working so if i get a break through i will let everyone know cant wait till booger comes out. does anyone out there truly believe that the spider is gone i know everywhere that it says its missing but i truly believe that someone might have said it was gone and gave the right answer to everyone just so they wouldnt go and check. since no one is coming forward and saying that they found it why couldnt it still be out there ?? DKOS

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Dykos , Just as Ernie said it's official at ATT , so it's definetly gone . I know if it were me to have found it i would take my time also as to figure things through not to make everyone around me crazy with the details .

salkns

Mar 5, 2005
Channahon Illinois
Beetle, beetle, who's got the beetle? ??? No one yet!!!? There has got to be some sort of method to the madness...you'd think one of mad, mad mad, mad folk would be able to spot it!!

Carol, Thanks for letting me share your corner!! :D

Lucky, Did you check out the "Bad Taste Bears" websitse that will be required to visit at the end of the contest? Definately some questionable bears!! ::)

luckypony

Mar 30, 2005
TEXAS
Someone at the other site had pointed that out to me :-[
I had never heard of them.
I just thought it was just another Fairy Tale.
They told me it was. We'll see.

Luckypony

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Luckypony & Salkns , I checked it out also . I agree with the Bad taste bears , they did look pretty upset about things. I figured though couldn't be any more strange than a flying dog , insects that talk , or a very old tree that calls them all dearie , won't even go into the fairy deal. LOL . I ordered it though and thought what the heck till BOOGER gets here . Who knows , but let me know if anyone here is going to get it , the Dennis book .

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
luckypony , It was $14. 99 shipping was free. I thought what the heck . Tracie don't know about any group discounts . It's seems pretty wild reading the posts . I started to get an accent . Not much going on yet as it hasn't started , just kinda getting the feel on it . They are mostly all talking about the beig party for the launch of it all .

luckypony

Mar 30, 2005
TEXAS
That would be cool!!
? ?Hey I found another cool site!!
?I checked it out a little better this time! Lol,lol
Some of you may have seen it but it seems pretty cool.
It is a treasure hunt designed as a tribute to Masquerade
by Kit Williams.It even mentions ATT. I have not looked at it
all but it seems very interesting. Here is the link
http://www.dillonwaugh.com/

? ? Luckypony

luckypony

Mar 30, 2005
TEXAS
Hey Carol,
I know what you mean. The way the talk is very different.
Also Words we say can mean something very different to
them. That is a great deal on the book.
Check out the site above I think it may be fun too.

Luckypony

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Luckypony , i checked it out , but am just a little confused on it all . Is the picture , MENAGERIE, the puzzle ? Looks interesting to me . Let me know what you can figure out . carol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread