Treasure hunting vacation?

Must811

Feb 20, 2006
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been quietly reading everybody's posts here for quite a while, but have never posted. I have an Excal 1000 and have been detecting for several years (also own a Tesoro Bandito). Also have been a certified diver for 20 years plus. So I have some vacation time coming my way and for the first time in my life, can take off and do what I want to do. So the question is, are there any "treasure hunting" vacations out there? Anything like somebody/company owning a lease off the Florida coast that lets divers have some fun? I have never had the opportunity to look for "real" treasure, but it sure sounds like fun to me. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

Upvote 0

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
i dont know of any , but sign me up when you find one, i been diving 34 years, in the treasure hunting hobby 27 years, i been to va beach this year and first week of sept going to daytona beach for aweek. all my vacations are planned around metal detecting, be going to the philippines in jan,

badbrains

Apr 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
surfmaster pi pro
if you go over to the shipwreck forum, Seahunter will let you work on his boat. give it a shot.

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just got back from Florida and I dove on Sea Hunter its a great boat and the water is nice and clear. Had a great time. Also if you beach detect the beaches around Ft. Pierce have the 1715 plate fleet that crashed there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread