Treasure jesuit Help

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Could be a map showing a line of places of worship, may be 25 miles apart on the places of worship, Possibly be in line with the 4 compass degrees N_S_E_W, that would help identify it as being such If it is they should be 360 180 90 270 degrees, That's all I have, Generally they do not show the direction of travel, They know but you don't.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you live in Brazil. What part of the country is this in? Maybe Jesuit, maybe Franciscan. Jesuits did have mines all over South America though. Here is a link to my website:

JESUIT WEALTH

Mike

OP
OP
A

Alessandro

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab. Safari, CTX 3030, Garret GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mike thanks for answering. I already know your site very apprehended him. I'm from Brazil yes. The place where I took these photographs is rocky in form of triangle. I've read a lot about Jesuits and Franciscans, but found nothing that podesse help me interpret the meaning of the crosses and the measures that are different. What makes me most in doubt are the holes in the extremities of each cross. Can you help me identify what are symbols alpha and omega? View attachment 1251687 View attachment 1251688 View attachment 1251689 View attachment 1251695

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Alessandro,

I am trying to figure whether your area was controlled by the Spanish or Portuguese in the 1600s-1700s. At that time, Bolivia was much larger than it is now. It encompassed Paraguay, Uruguay, and parts of present day Brazil, Peru, Columbia, and Ecuador.

2012-03-16-19-curitiba-brazil-063.jpg

Do you mind telling me which river that is, and what state of Brazil it is in? If you don't want to post it publicly, you can Private Message or email me. Even though a Jesuit is a Jesuit, the Jesuits working in Portuguese Territories may have used different markers than Jesuits working in Spanish Territories. Give me a day or so to try and figure this out for you. Of all the sites I have been shown, I have to say that yours is one of the more interesting to me. It is 100% religious, but it may only be boundary markers for a Jesuit Property. It may be a place where Official Jesuit Trails meet. Markers are not always (actually very rarely) indicators of treasure. Ninety-nine percent of the markers in the New World are trail markers that show direction, water holes/springs, protected camp sites, etc.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Alessandro

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab. Safari, CTX 3030, Garret GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mike thanks for answering. I sent a private message, please answer me if you received.
I Minas Gerais

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I guess by looking at the antique map, Minas Gerais was still part of Brazil even in the 1600s. Looks like once you leave Minas Gerais into Mato Grosso or Goaias that area was Colonial Bolivia. So, your Religiosos were probably Jesuits (unless it was made after 1759 when the Jesuits were kicked out of all Portuguese Colonies).

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread