Treasure Ships Whats left?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, if a ship is "lost" it's impossible to say whether it's deep or shallow. ;-)

But no doubt there are some, somewhere. I don't believe ANY Minoan ship has ever been discovered. That would be a treasure of information.

And you can bet some of the 1715 fleet that was ravaged by hurricane probably limped further along than others and eventually foundered in the Atlantic.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There are still 5 vessels from the 1715 fleet that have not been found. One of them was the ship carrying the queen's jewels. They can't be too far off shore.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Thebuccaneer, if you are looking for a treasure ship in Greenland? Good luck. I do not think there are any.

Also, salvor 6 is correct. There are many 1715 wrecks that have not been found. There are 2 from 1622 according to a map in the Mel Fisher museum. There are 3 from 1589 and many others lost in the last 400 years. And yes a lot of them are in shallow water.

I have a bridge for sale in NY, if you are looking for a Spanish Treasure ship in Greenland.

My bet would be that you would find more treasure ships around Cuba, then you would around Greenland and Africa.

Last edited:

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes lets not forget about cuba. What about colombia? What about the Cape? Long stretch of beach north of playalinda - middens and lots of other history in that area.
Cuba was the hot spot for U.S. citizens back during Henry Flagler's time. Have to depart from the Bahamas to get to cuba now.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Everything has been found here. Don't waste your time. *snicker*

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes lets not forget about cuba. What about colombia? What about the Cape? Long stretch of beach north of playalinda - middens and lots of other history in that area.
Cuba was the hot spot for U.S. citizens back during Henry Flagler's time. Have to depart from the Bahamas to get to cuba now.

You can probably write off cuban wrecks. I have heard from multiple sources that Castro spent many decades searching for and stripping all wrecks in his waters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread