What's new

Treasurenet at a glance

Montauk3

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
907
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Does anyone know how to get rid of the "Treasurenet at a glance" improvement?

Change, just for the sake of change is non productive and truly annoying. Just like going into your
favorite box store and seeing that everything has been moved around to different areas of the store.

Thanks
 
Upvote 0
non-productive? :icon_scratch: I like seeing the latest images!

Someday I might let you get rid of it in your profile..... Probably not today though.

Thanks for your feedback....
 
Marc, I don't care for the "Improvement" either, but we all resist change. I just feel it takes up space.

As for going into your regular box store and finding everything moved around, I hated that. :BangHead: You never knew where anything was or where they moved it too. Marketing likes this because customers stay in the store longer hunting for what they came in for. But I mainly hated it because I worked at Bass Pro Shop for the new toys and we had to constantly move items from one shelf to another instead of waiting on customers that were standing at the counters to ask questions about products. :help:
 
ok, I am looking at making this "de"-selectable - This could take a day or two. Please bear with me.

Thanks.
 
Ok, for now I have created a new theme - simply go into "My Stuff" then "Layout"..

Then click on Current Theme: default (change)

Then select "no_side_bar".

I have already reset both of you Montauk3, and SandMan.

This isn't the best way to do it - but for those who really hate this - you can at least get rid of the side bar for now!

I will improve this asap.

Thanks,
Marc
 
THANKS Marc..... :headbang:
 
The only problem I had with it is that it was slowing down my page loading.
 
Thank you Sir.
 
Felinepeachy said:
LOL I never saw it :laughing9:

me either! guess slow dial up is good for something.
seriously though Marc you are great! can I bring all my lifes complaints to you?
 
Ok folks - (you are all welcome by the way!)

I've done this the right way...

If you go into "My Stuff" then "Layout"...

Simply select "Hide TreasureNet At A Glance Side Bar" and voila -it's gone.

I think I will give the option to Charter Members soon to disable ads - but give me a few days.....

Thanks again for your feedback.

All of you who chose the "no_side_bar" theme, (about 5 or 6 of you) I went ahead and made these changes for you. (and I got rid of that theme)

Thanks,
Marc
 
I think that is pretty awesome that you listened to the members weather right or wrong you listened and then acted on it making it better... :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom