TRICKERY OF THE TRADE

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Having spent a number of years prospecting I have encountered a number of differnt ways men try to captilize on the ingnorance of men exspeacialy when dealing with rules and regulations and claim staking. Having never beining sastisfied with the words of men I have taken upon myself to find multiple sources for information. And here are a few things I have learned to watch out for Be wary of a man willing to let you work his claim as why would anyone give away money he has rights too all too often they just want you for a day or two to help move overburden or old tailing and when they get to the desired spot your help is no longer needed. Also In my research of claims all too often are claims filed with the county recorders office and not with blm. and once someone wants to buy it the company file with blm and then sell it you.. so much property that is not recorded properly and are beining sold to people who don't know any better. And it's been my experiance that the people with all the good ideas rarely have the will to put them into action.. As I'm sure everyone has met the person with no children telling you how to raise children! the same is even more true with gold hell most prospectors I meet know of some great vein or way to get gold but for some reason they choose not to.. Also I have had men try to tell me they had claims that were Grandfathered in.. And I must admitt that the individual who told me that was very convincing and even had sighns little did he know that he picked the one man who was goinin to go home and find every document for that area known to man..And of course he was a liar and I pursued the matter and confronted him with facts.. I now work that area to this day for some reason he don't come around no more.I got story after story as Im sure lots of you do and I am very interested in hearing about the TRICKERY's OF THE TRADE from some of you. My grandpa always told me to pay extra care with all two legged creatures!! Oh yea always double check when selling gold that they are giving you the percent they say they are and are on current gold prices as I have encountered more then a few jewelers/prospecting stores/gold buyers that use week old prices or just outright lie about current prices.

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There also was mentioned the price the buyers are paying for gold. Many newbies are dissapointed with the offer for their hard earned gold. The good buyers work in the impurity of most gold found to come up with a price. Recently, I dug up some gold that was less than a mm across... and under a stereo microscope I could see that some of the gold had up to 25% silver attached. TKC
How about a pic of that gold. It is BEAUTIFUL! Share it. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread