What's new

tried a creek today

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20150503_200554.webp



ForumRunner_20150503_200715.webp



ForumRunner_20150503_200758.webp

Only one piece of Megolodon

ForumRunner_20150503_200842.webp
 
Nice work! You had a nice day for it. Too bad on the Meg. They are so brittle. It gets frustrating. I was bringing up fragments last week and a few would have been big it the were whole.
 
You're not kidding frustrating... I worked my tail off today.
Seems like recently I couldn't buy a Megolodon tooth if I wanted to.
Don't get me wrong I love finding all sorts of fossils but realistically I didn't even have a kicker for the day all just your general average sized teeth.
Had a nice day out there got to see a different area its all good.
I even started picking up and keeping dugong rib sections which I normally don't do.... I have a little idea for a small rock garden
 
Last edited:
I'd say you had a decent days hunt, but hope the next time you go, you find a couple nice megalodon teeth.
 
Thanks!
I'm not usually a complainer just get a little cranky after several trips finding only broken ones
 
I know the feeling when artifact hunting. I just end up going home real sore and nothing to show for all that effort.
 
I think this large piece is Mastodon jaw just need to find a tooth now
 
ForumRunner_20150504_081235.webp



MastodonLowerJawMonticello585.webp
 
I know the feeling when artifact hunting. I just end up going home real sore and nothing to show for all that effort.

Feeling it this morning for sure
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom