TRISH!

allen said:
good luck Trish...
I quit drinking after 20 years and if i
can do that, you can quit smoking.....

Amen brother...I'm proud of you. :thumbsup:
I guess we can both say, "theres no such thing as i cant" :wink:

Trish sooo glad you checked in and sooooooo glad your sticking with it! And thank-you!
You are an inspiration to someone else :icon_sunny: , another non smoker takes wing Woohoo!

Hi Trish,
I'm on my 3rd gallon of milk so It wont be long now and I will post a pic of the bird house when I "Get 'er Done"
Keep up the good work on kickin the habit. :thumbsup:
Almost wish I smoked just so I could quit and feel as good as you. ;D

Goodyguy~

Goodyguy said:
Goodyguy~

heheeee....no you dont. :nono: (bout time you finished that 3rd gallon of milk :wink:)

Everyone wanted to know how i felt when i put them down, my reply was, "I now know how a heroin addict feels." Thats how hard it was for me when i quit, but i won and i beat the addiction. I had to go through hell in order to feel as good as i do, but it was all worth it. (Thats for all the other folks with addictions out there reading this, dont say you cant, cuz you can :wink:) And another thing i thought about, theres people out there who have never smoked in their life, and here they are trying to survive cancer, and here i was taking the chance of getting it everytime i lit one up. How unfair for those who battle the disease, and how stupid i was for taking that chance. I realize that now, i didnt then.

Since we're talking about addictions, People who deal with alcoholism live with that devil everyday of their life. And their loved ones need to understand that it is a disease, and most of them just cant stop drinking on their own, they need help, and support from their families and friends. Do you all know what an alcoholic goes through everyday? Im gonna tell ya, i feel like i need to say this, not many people know this, i didnt know it, but and alcaholic can litterally die when they try to stop drinking, it can throw their body into a alcoholic comma, which will then, sometimes, cause death. An alcoholic halucenates, they see and believe things that arent true. Maybe that will help you to understand their anger. If any of you live with an alcohic maybe by reading this it will help you to understand a little bit better, and try to help them instead of hate them.

my step dad was an alcoholic, and i hated him for it, but it wasnt until 3 years after his death that i learned what an alcoholic goes through, then i felt bad for how i felt about him. I look back at all the times he said and did things that hurt us, and i understand why now. It was the alcohol affecting his mind. Believe it, its true. It blew my mind when i learned what alcohol can do to a person. Yall do some research on addictions, any addiction if you have a family memeber who you want to help. Research so you can understand what they go through, and get the info so you can help them.

love & hugs

I'm hooked on treasure hunting and I also have gold fever.
So how my wife puts up with me I'll never know.

If I'm not out buying more equipment or researching or watching it on TV or posting on Treasure net or going out prospecting for Gold, Rocks, Gems, Minerals, Etc. and gone for days, weeks. Then I'm talking about it on and on and on.

I know I'm obsessed but I just cant help myself :tongue3:

Good thing I don't smoke and drink or do drugs too. :icon_sunny:

~Trish~ said:
Goodyguy said:
Goodyguy~

heheeee....no you dont. :nono: (bout time you finished that 3rd gallon of milk :wink:)

Everyone wanted to know how i felt when i put them down, my reply was, "I now know how a heroin addict feels." Thats how hard it was for me when i quit, but i won and i beat the addiction. I had to go through hell in order to feel as good as i do, but it was all worth it. (Thats for all the other folks with addictions out there reading this, dont say you cant, cuz you can :wink:) And another thing i thought about, theres people out there who have never smoked in their life, and here they are trying to survive cancer, and here i was taking the chance of getting it everytime i lit one up. How unfair for those who battle the disease, and how stupid i was for taking that chance. I realize that now, i didnt then.

Since we're talking about addictions, People who deal with alcoholism live with that devil everyday of their life. And their loved ones need to understand that it is a disease, and most of them just cant stop drinking on their own, they need help, and support from their families and friends. Do you all know what an alcoholic goes through everyday? Im gonna tell ya, i feel like i need to say this, not many people know this, i didnt know it, but and alcaholic can litterally die when they try to stop drinking, it can throw their body into a alcoholic comma, which will then, sometimes, cause death. An alcoholic halucenates, they see and believe things that arent true. Maybe that will help you to understand their anger. If any of you live with an alcohic maybe by reading this it will help you to understand a little bit better, and try to help them instead of hate them.

my step dad was an alcoholic, and i hated him for it, but it wasnt until 3 years after his death that i learned what an alcoholic goes through, then i felt bad for how i felt about him. I look back at all the times he said and did things that hurt us, and i understand why now. It was the alcohol affecting his mind. Believe it, its true. It blew my mind when i learned what alcohol can do to a person. Yall do some research on addictions, any addiction if you have a family memeber who you want to help. Research so you can understand what they go through, and get the info so you can help them.

love & hugs

well we all love you dearly and I think you know that

you know how special you are to each of us.

I am so proud of your hard accomplishment.

every day is another step of achievement

congrats sis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back